Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Oh my gosh Leslie. That is horrible! So very sorry. People
    Can suck sometimes.

Marianne that kind of sounds lovely. Snow and cozied up celebrating the holidays. How long are you there for?

We celebrate thanksgiving in October, Canadian style, these days.

Hunny is retiring the end of this year. I will be working probably another 5 years. Who knows though. Same company but I changed jobs this year. Moved up in leadership. Pist. That just means more work. Hahaha still
    I’m loving this position.

Vanilla is still bratty but she is our baby. We just adapt to her needs. She is currently on my lap tapping me with her paw for attention. Okay now she is just rolling over demanding pets. She hates phones and iPads.

Wishing you all safe and happy holiday and much love.

Sharlene!!!!! How great to hear from you! It’s always wonderful to get your updates. And I just gotta ask whether any of your renowned company parties are ever going to reappear?? I’m guessing COVID interrupted all the fun, and the world has changed so much since then that perhaps the parties are likely gone for good. But it was so much fun to vicariously attend the parties alongside you back in the good old days…

As always, best wishes to all your family, And thanks so much for stopping by :-))))))

I wish they would come back. But alas, we got a CEO who could suck the sun out of anything. He is gone at the end of this year as our company was sold to one of the big incumbents. The biggest in Canada. I mean I guess we will see what they do next year. This year is a bust though. I have gone to a few fun parties not company related this year. So that is good. Back yard bands and catered food and crazy fun. Can’t complain about that.
    We do have thirsty Thursday where a bunch of us get together at the Black Angus for drinks after work. That’s how I ended up with a new job and moving up the corporate ladder. Which I didn’t necessarily want but the job is fun so what ha gonna do. Hahaha. I’m a Process Analyst now and stick my nose in everything. Sounds about right eh.

Last Friday was girls night and we hung out around a fire pit with charcuterie boards and too much bubbly. Didn’t get to bed till around 2 am. Wow. That is harder than it use to be!!

Tomorrow night is a bunch of us heading to an Italian restaurant. I think there is something every weekend till the new year.

Hope you are enjoying your winter interlude.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thirsty Thursday — I love it

If you don’t stop back by again before New Year’s, Sharlene, here’s wishing you a wonderful start to 2024!!

Well, here we are, just one sleep away from Christmas Day. I’ve got our presents under the tree and our food all ready to go, so it may be time to just curl up under a warm blankie to take a winter afternoon’s nap. I remember how wondrous and exciting Christmas Eve felt to me as a child. So much hustle and bustle; so many people coming and going. It’s so much quieter around the house now, which makes me feel wistful. But it’s also very peaceful. So there are pluses and minuses. “To everything there is a season,” after all.

To all our K9C family who celebrate Christmas, I wish you the very best. May your lives be touched with a bit of magic, in whatever form you are needing it the most. Perhaps it’s excitement; perhaps it’s peace and solace. And comfort. Above all, I wish everyone the comfort of love and hope.

Remember, the door to our holiday house is always open should anyone else wish to add their thoughts here. But even if not, please know that I send my holiday greetings out to you all!

Merry Christmas 2023 ❤️

We had Christmas at my brother's last night and it was really nice. I got to meet 2 new additions to the family - my youngest niece's new hubby and oldest grandson's fiance'. They had all banded together and got a Google Nest Hub for me. Have no earthly idea what that is but they were all very excited about it so I profusely thanked them all. I DO know that my house ain't very smart sooooo.....we will see. LOL There were lots of dogs present as well so I was quite content. Still have a couple of small gatherings to come then it will be back to the norm.

Been a busy day but just for the sake of staying busy. My house is in a perpetual state of chaos these days so I have plenty to do for sure! I have been enjoying putting together a Santa sack for a little boy who stays with his grandma down the street. Big lawn bag with bright ribbons tied around the neck and stuffed with a bunch of odds and ends designed to push the imagination....like some kitchen utensils with a tag that says "Dirt Works".

But now I'm tired and simply because it is Christmas Eve I am going to brew a cup of herbal tea and grab the book I'm reading (psychological thriller The Fifth to Die by JD Barker) then curl up in bed with the dogs for an hour or five.

Happy Holidays to you all! I hope your days are filled with laughter and joy shared with those you love most. And wishes for all the best in 2024 to you and yours.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.