Thread: Papillon With Cushing's 2 1/2 years

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Papillon With Cushing's 2 1/2 years

Thanks Marianne. I don't always articulate things well but thats exactly what I was inferring.

Unfortunately, Veterinary care is about compromise (life, actually) and the ideal isn't always attainable. I looked at this scenario as an either or dilemma. Would love for every Dog to get the recommended protocol for sure.

But for financially strapped people with a flexible vet willing to start on a light dose of Trilostane while watching for any signs of Addisons vs. doing nothing at all? I'd do it.
    Just my opinion. Doesn't mean its right. I would say this... at minimum an owner should have a diagnosis of Cushings so would not flex on that.

Unfortunately, I think Lilypad may have some other stuff going on here. I'm a bit biased due to what we have going but any symptoms like not eating well or anything neurological hint towards the Adenoma growing. The scenario here sounds eerily familiar. Unfortunately, the only way to confirm is more costly testing thru MRIs and CT scans. There's just no way around this for a truly definitive answer.

thanks
    Last edited by Kevin; 09-14-2021 at 11:15 AM.