& we wait close & we watch as you grieve
    for we know you can’t know the places we go
    when our bodies fall finally to sleep
    but don’t hurt for us long, nor imagine us gone
    though we’ve slipped into beauty unseen:
    we’re waiting right here for when you finally appear
    & we can both go where we go when we leave

Default Re: Max test results help — Sweet Max has passed

Thank you so much! That is absolutely beautiful and much needed. I am filled with such such sorrow, but great love and memories.

Default Re: Max test results help

Marianne,
    Your words are exactly what I needed! I cannot thank you enough. I plan to stick around on the boards to offer help, encouragement, and a listening ear for others. I am thankful Max did not suffer and I am so thankful that we could give him all the specialty care he needed. May all of our angels rest and watch over us.

Elizabeth, it will be a huge gift to us all if you remain here to offer your knowledge, support, and encouragement. And I don’t believe there can be any greater way for you to honor Max’s own sweetness and courage than to help other dogs and parents who come to us in need.

For our own part, I hope it will bring you some comfort to know that Max has now been added to our special thread of remembrance on our “In Loving Memory” forum:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Us-(2020-2023)

If it would ever please you to have a photo link added to his name, you can simply send us a picture at k9cushings@gmail.com. We’ll take care of all the rest. There is no rush — you can think it over and send it anytime. I’m guessing that today will carry such a mixture of emotions for you. Try to rest, and take good care of yourself. That is what Max would want for you, as do we.

I'm so, so sorry, Elizabeth. Reading the symptoms that you mentioned gave me closure with my Lena's death. She had all of them and now I know why...and I also know that letting her go, even though I wasn't with her, was the right thing.

It's so hard having to make the decision for them. We want so desperately to keep them with us because of how much we love them, but sometimes that love has to go the other way and we need to do what's best for them.

My Lee died on a Friday morning 2/19/16 and I miss her every day...I know your heart is hurting terribly. It will get easier. You will never stop missing her, you will just get used to it. The memories will bring smiles...how could they not when there are so many happy ones.

Love,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Joan I am so thankful my post gave you a little closure. I am determined to use Max's story and his life as a legacy and do some good things...I do not know what yet, but I have time to figure that out.

I rad a lot of research and vet articles...I have done so much over the years each time Max would have an ailment: survived mast cell tumors, survived obstruction surgery, managed reflux, allergies, arthritis, anemia, ARVC, proteinuria, reactive to many medications, a newer slow GI bleed, chronic illness (hypothyroidism, Cushings). I educated myself and I was a partner with vets. I respectfully questioned them when I had current research and asked them to try new things. They always listened. I am thankful that I was able to do that for him and I absolutely know that he lived a long life because of it.

In my "comfort" reading this morning I found something you may find interesting.
    2. Pulmonary thromboembolism is most commonly seen shortly after treatment. The presenting sign is sudden respiratory distress or difficulty breathing. Once this occurs the prognosis for recovery is grave. It usually requires 7 to 10 days on oxygen therapy if the animal survives.
    Interesting, and it makes sense to me now!
    Joan, I read your baby's story and what comfort it provided me!!!!! I know I did the right thing. I am so thankful God is giving me little glimpses!
    Last edited by Elizabeth513; 05-12-2023 at 10:57 AM. Reason: adding

Dearest Elizabeth,

I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved Max and my heart goes out to you and your family. We are here for you and always will be.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori

Thank you, Lori!

Dear Elizabeth,

I am so so sorry to hear about our sweet Max. But, like others, there is no doubt in my mind you did the only thing that could be done....and I am sure Max is oh so grateful for that. That was the greatest gift you could give him. Someone here once said that we take their pain so they no longer have to bear it. It is the ultimate expression of the love we share with our babies. And the hardest decision we ever make on their behalf.

My deepest sympathies to you and all who loved Max.
    Leslie

I’m Still Here
    By Unknown Author

Friend, please don’t mourn for me
    I’m still here, though you don’t see.
    I’m right by your side each night and day
    and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I’m always near.
    I’m everything you feel, see or hear.
    My spirit is free, but I’ll never depart
    as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I’ll never wander out of your sight-
    I’m the brightest star on a summer’s night.
    I’ll never be beyond your reach-
    I’m the warm moist sand when you’re at the beach.

I’m the colorful leaves when fall comes around
    and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
    I’m the beautiful flowers of which you’re so fond,
    The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I’m the first bright blossom you’ll see in the spring,
    The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
    I’m the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
    and you’ll see that the face in the moon shine is mine.

When you start thinking there’s no one to love you,
    you can talk to through the Lord up above you.
    I’ll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
    and you’ll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I’m the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
    and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
    I’m the smile you see on a baby’s face.
    Just look for me friend, I’m every place!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you so much, Leslie!