Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: REMY diagnosed last week

Default Re: REMY diagnosed last week

Thank you Leslie. It’s been a very difficult week. Lots of ups and downs with Remy’s glucose. Had the Internist do an abdominal ultrasound Wednesday. Results weren’t too bad, some age related changes etc. Appears to be a polyp in the trigone area of the bladder but since I have had two dogs previously with bladder cancer we will do a BRAF test just to be on the safe side. Internist agreed that until Remy test high cortisol or shows symptoms we will not give trilostane. Ultrasound showed his adrenals appear perfectly normal, same size as they were in 2018. He said usually with Cushings there will be some enlargement or changes but Remy’s seem to be fine.So that’s good news….makes us wonder if he was misdiagnosed. He does have high platelets though so that may require some further investigation. Thank you so much for the advice and support! I aappreciate it so much!!

Hi Leslie and all who are here…..OK I am in a real quandary with Remy. His private practice internist and primary care were pretty much against changing his insulin because they are totally unfamiliar with what the university endocrinologist was suggesting. It concerns me as well because IF we run into a problem (always at night, holiday, weekend it seems) who will be around to help us who is familiar with this product? He was going to get with the endocrinologist and discuss it. Well, after three weeks that doesn’t seem to have happened and Remy’s Vetsulin no longer seems to be working. The thing is though, he has also been off trilostane for three weeks now. So hopefully his cortisol levels have returned to normal or perhaps they are high and thus affecting his glucose and causing some resistance. I am so frustrated at lack of response by his doctors. Meanwhile Remy gets very uncomfortable and has up until all hours of the night and we are worn out and my brain is feeling very stupid at this point. I can’t say I am seeing any clinical signs of the Cushings yet. But we never did see many symptoms with him. The ultrasound last week showed his adrenal glands looked quite normal. Internist had said to wait a couple of months to retest (ACTH) but with the sudden insulin resistance I can’t just let that go on. I am going to pick up a new vial of insulin just in case there is something wrong with the present one. Any suggestions? I have tried to connect with someone from the K9Diabetes Forum but no luck getting on and no response from the Admin. Any suggestions as to dosing if his cortisol tests above normal? Obviously 5 mg. Every other day was too much. I know there are mixed opinions on compounded trilostane. Thanks so much for any advice!! Claire

Claire, I’m so sorry about all the stress that you and Remy are under. And I’m surely sorry about the difficulty you’re having over at K9D. I’d be happy to try to contact the site administrator, too, on your behalf. Are you already registered over there and just having trouble posting, or have you not been able to register yet? Just let me know if you’d like me to try and help with any of that.

Marianne

Hi Marianne, Oh yes PLEASE I would love to have help getting on K9Diabetes. I was registered and used to post on there previously but it won’t accept my information. Not sure if it’s the user name or password. I asked for password reset but never received anything. I have checked junk mail/spam but nothing. When I try to register again it says my email is already in use. So I don’t know what it is but I haven’t had any luck and I am desperate for some help. I would so appreciate it if you know how to reach the site administrator! THANK YOU!!!

Claire, I’ll be glad to help. I’m a member over at K9D, myself, and just checked the membership list. I see there is a “Remy’sMom” listed over there, having joined 2-12-21, and last activity on 3-7-22. Does that sound like you? If so, I see that your username there is all run together, with no space between “Remy’s” and “Mom,” the way your username is here.

Also, a few years ago we experienced an oddity with our forum software that sometimes created log-in problems for members who used apostrophes in their usernames. We haven’t had any problems for a long time, and K9D is running on a more recent version of the software, anyway. But just for the sake of interest, here’s a link to a posting about the problem we were having here:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...e-and-Password

Anyway, let me know if you think I’ve identified you as the right user over there. And if you still can’t log in with “Remy’sMom” (no space), I’ll contact Natalie, the Admin over there. And we’ll go from there!

YES!! That’s me and I did have the ‘apostrophe’ issue trying to get back on K9Cushings. I can’t be sure if it’s the apostrophe situation or if I have the wrong password but I never get a password reset via email either to try and change it just in case. I’ve been double checking ‘junk/spam’ just in case it winds up in there. Between Remy’s Cushings and diabetes I’m losing what little mind I have left! . I would really appreciate it if you can let Natalie know! Thank you so very much!! We are suddenly having a problem with only minimal response to Remy’s insulin (Vetsulin) He has been totally off trilostane since February 17 so I’m wondering if his cortisol level has increased to the point where it is affecting his glucose and response to insulin.

I figured it had to be you:-). I’ll go ahead and send an email to Natalie asking her to contact you directly. I’ll also give her a link to your thread here so she catch up on Remy’s treatment journey. She’s a member here, too, so she’ll have access.

It sounds as though K9D has your correct email address on file, but if you want to send me a Private Message here just to confirm what it is, I can pass that on to Natalie so that she can contact you directly. Once you get settled back in on K9D, I’ll keep following you over there, too, so as to add any more Cushing’s thoughts that come to mind.

So let me know about confirming the email, and then I’ll contact Natalie.

THANK so much!! I think you do have the correct email. I’ll try to PM just to confirm. Right now I am wondering if his cortisol level has gone back up and is affecting his glucose and insulin since the reduced response to Vetsulin seems to fit with taking him off Trilostane. Obviously I need help from both K9D and K9C !!!I really appreciate it!

Got your message and will now forward the info on. I’ll keep checking K9D, too, in the hope I’ll soon see your posts appearing there!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!!