My 11 yr old boston had surgery to repair a compound fracture in her front leg. ER vet did routine bloodwork to make sure she could undergo anesthesia safely. Results were elevated ALP and ALT values high cholesterol CBC was normal also has enlarged liver and heart. ER suspects cushings. My regular vet diagnosed her with lyme disease and compromised kidney function and put her on antibiotics and a special K/D diet food low in protein back in march of 2019 after I took her in for excessive e drinking urination and weakened legs. She did bloodwork and urinalysis. Did my vet miss something or interpret the results incorrectly. . The ER vet said my dogs kidney values were within normal range but the liver values were well above normal. ER doc suggested cushings testing. She had the surgery on her leg and is rehabbing for 8-10 weeks. Is there anything I can give her until for the possible cushings until her rehab is over and she can be tested. ER doc suggested denamarin for the enlarged liver. Should I keep her on hills science diet K/D for her kidneys or is there a special diet for dogs with cushings? She has an extremely big potbelly and is begging for food all the time. I feel that if she does have cushings it will be hard to treat her with her bad liver and kidneys. I have read a few posts on here about giving melatonin and lignans, adrenal harmony gold. Are these safe for dogs with kidney and liver problems? She went in earlier this week for a check up for her leg and doc is happy with her progress, leg is healing wonderfully but all I can think about is what is to come. Has anyone else had a dog with bad kidneys/liver/heart and cushings? What treatments did u try any advice/experience is greatly appreciated.