Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mojo-Cushing's/macroadenoma - sweet Mojo has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Mojo-Cushing's/macroadenoma - sweet Mojo has crossed The Bridge

I've really been missing Daisy the past few days, because I've been outside more with the return of sunny weather (she loved her yard time and walkies); the other day I found her leash with the daisy print, while cleaning-I had put it under the guest room bed as I couldn't bear to throw it out And last evening we were out running errands and I saw two people crying in a local veterinarian's parking lot and I just felt for them so much....

Default Re: Mojo - Cushing's/macroadenoma

So very, very sorry.

The pain you all have and are going through is just so heartbreaking....sending you all a virtual hug!

Maryland but currently staying in Indiana

Dear Liltara,
    I hope that you and your husband are feeling stronger and thank you for your support of my crazy efforts to help Skippy. I will post more soon about the grief and decision making regarding our dogs with these terminal illnesses. But I just want to again reinforce and support you in making the decision that it was time to let Mojo go. Everyday as I fight for Skippy to experience some improved quality of life, I continue to ask myself if this is about Skippy or my unwillingness to accept what is. You had the courage to face that question and more and to take action on Mojo's behalf. I commend your strength and wisdom and hope that you can find solace in knowing that you did the proper thing to end Mojo's suffering.
    Carole
    Skippy's Mom

Hi All -

My Mojo is home with me now ... picked up his ashes on Thursday. I am glad to have the logistics of the whole situation over with ... now it is time to start the journey to healing and acceptance.

Unfortunately, I experienced another great loss last weekend ... my best friend of 40 years passed away unexpectedly on the same day as Mojo. I didn't know about it until Tuesday morning, but somehow it gives me comfort knowing that my Mojo was there to meet her on the the other side. He was goofy and so was she and I know they are together up there and free of pain and suffering.

It's been a rough week for me and my family. I find solace in this community and thank you all for your kind words and support once again.

Oh, that is so sad...you surely have had a rough time. Sending comforting thoughts to you and your family.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I am so sorry, losing one's furry best friend is hard enough to handle and I can't even imagine how sad it is losing two best friends on the same day, my heart goes out to you.

Sending huge loving and comforting hugs your way, Lori

oh my gosh, that's a when it rains it pours scenario of the worst kind.
    I'm so very sorry. Each of their losses, adds onto the heart ache for each. That is completely overwhelming.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

My heart aches for you. I'm so, so sorry. Part of each of them will always be with you, in your heart forever.

Default Re: Skippy, 12 y/o Yorkie with likely pituitary tumor (Trilostane)

Carole - I continue to follow Skippy's journey and I am still inspired by your commitment to his care and quality of life. Had I known at the beginning of Mojo's journey that the trilostane would hasten the growth of his tumor, I would absolutely have considered radiation (no matter what the cost).

Common sense and my research tells me that the future of macro treatment does not include Vetoryl as a first line of defense and that radiation or other tumor controlling/shrinking treatments will be at the forefront. Of course, there is much research to be done and such but having watched my Mojo go through the disease progression I can say with full confidence that macro treatment must be considered differently than controllable (typical) Cushing's.

That said, I just wanted to post one last time here and say how much I've appreciated the support that you and others gave me during my darkest days with Mojo. I do hope I was able to return the favor in even the smallest way.

Coming here now, at this point in my grieving process, is not positive for me - I am finally thinking of Mojo with smiles and not tears (at least not every day!) and visiting this site reminds me of the great sadness I experienced during the late stages of his illness. I am eternally grateful for this site and will keep it bookmarked for future use if I should ever, God forbid, have another dog afflicted with this terrible illness.

I will continually pray for Skippy and you - I wish you both the best of days and experiences and happiness as you continue your journey together. You are what all pet parents should be, Carole.