Hello everyone, I'm new here - and I'm sorry, maybe this question is more just seeking support as I am a bit anxious right now, but you may also have useful information for me?

My 13 y/o shih tzu was diagnosed with Cushing's last summer, and so far it has been well controlled with Vetoryl. She hasn't really developed too many of the common symptoms yet, though there is some fur loss and she has had some recurring skin infections. She is on a course of antibiotics right now for her second skin infection, finishing that up. Her eyes have been pretty bad since I adopted her years ago - cataract, scarring from uveitis - one eye she hadn't seen out of much for years, the other has a cloudy cataract. Well, the sclera often looked a little pinkish, and I asked her vet about them and had the pressures checked - he said it was within normal limits, but it ever became very red, then it was a concern.

This past week, I did notice one eye seemed more red, though it seemed to come and go - other symptoms that seemed to come and go were some squinting of that eye and a little watering. I thought it might clear up if it were pink eye or allergy. This is the eye she already doesn't see much out of, if at all. I planned to take her to my regular vet Monday if it hadn't cleared up. Then today, I noticed that that eye's cornea seems cloudy - and I wanted to take her to a vet ASAP (I'm always fearful of glaucoma), but all the vets were closed for today and Sunday. I looked into emergency vets, but all of the ones I can find, near and far in my area, have a significant number of terrible reviews!! I don't want them misdiagnosing or starting her on something she doesn't need, especially something that might interfere with her medication or her Cushing's. Yet I am also worried about letting this go another day before she can be seen by my usual vet on Monday. Do you think I am better off waiting for my vet on Monday - would that be okay? He is very experienced with Cushing's and we have years of good experiences with him. Or should I take the risk and go to one of these emergency vets that I don't feel very confident about and might just get us started on a wrong path?

Thank you for any advice - I'm guessing there are others here who also understand what it's like to feel worried about their pups and unsure what to do.