Thread: Newbie just beginning trilostane

Default Newbie just beginning trilostane

I don't see any recent additions to your stories and was wondering how everyone was doing. I have a baby with cushings and just learning to deal with it. Today was her first day on Trilostane. I have been trying to manage her without it but her skin has gotten so bad and she is losing all her muscles. If you are still on here please respond.

Default Re: Newbie just beginning trilostane

Hello and welcome to you and your girl! I noticed that you had posted this reply on the thread of a member who has not been active for quite a long time. I am fearful you will not receive a response there, and therefore have created a new thread for you that is your very own. This way, it will be much easier for our other members to answer you directly.

We'd love to hear more about your baby, especially her overall health history and also the testing that led to her Cushing's diagnosis. Also, how much does she weigh, and what dose of trilostane are you beginning with? Sorry for so many questions, but your answers will help guide our feedback going forward.

Once again, welcome, and we're very glad you found us!
    Marianne

Hi and welcome to you and your girl.

My dog did very well on trilostane for a year and a half. I was a nervous wreck in the beginning, not because of any side effects or fear of overdosing, but if putting him on this drug was the right decision. I have no regrets and have learned a lot about trilostane and how it works so please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have going forward with treatment. Overdosing should not be a great concern if she is started on a low dose. 1 mg/lb is a good place to start.

Hope all goes well. We are here if you need us.

~Kat

Welcome to you and your pup! Hopefully, you can respond to Marianne's questions soon so we can guide you in the best way possible. Looking forward to learning more about your pup!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL