Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Whiskey has joined our beloved at The Bridge

Default Re: Whiskey has joined our beloved at The Bridge

Oh Annie, I do believe the empty house is absolutely the worst part. Before my Barkis died, my house was really my refuge -- I loved puttering around our home and Barkie was my shadow, always following me everywhere. But beginning that first morning after he was gone, I could barely even stand to stay in the house. It was so quiet and empty and wrong. I just sat and cried. I took lots of walks and ran lots of errands to try to escape the loneliness. But that never really worked, and that's how we ended up bringing our sweet baby Peg home just a couple months later.

I'm not in any way saying that's what you should do, too. But I just want you to know that you can come and write to us anytime that you want some company. You can write ten times a day if you want. In my grief, I spent so much time here with our K9C family. You are never truly alone, Annie, even though your house is so empty.

Sending tons of hugs to you, and to your husband, too. This is such a huge loss for your whole family. Whiskey was such a good and sweet boy, and he filled your home with love and joy. It's no wonder you miss him so.

Marianne

Oh my gosh Marianne you took the words out of my mouth. I loved spending time at home with Whiskey. we all became total homebodies especially in these last months since he hasn't been well. Now I can't stand the silence. I keep forgetting he's not here, I hear his nails & collar on the tiles of his favorite napping spot. And I hear the gentle padding of his paws as he walked into the room. All of his things are around the house. I can't bear to move them and I don't want to vacuum up his beautiful golden fur. Even when I was doing housework I always had someone to talk to & keep me company. i know someday we'll get another pup but I truly raised Whiskey as one of my kids and my girls always called him baby brother. They are struggling so much too but had to return to their lives today and try to be normal & hold it together. I feel so bad for them too.

Even with Jackson and my kitty, I also took many long (long!) walks after Visuddha passed. I just couldn't stand to be in the house where he wasn't. Going to work and continuing a "normal" life outside the house was often easier for me than staying home. His crate is still next to my bed, with his bed and blanket inside. The bed and blanket were washed (eventually) but I can't put them anywhere else yet.

Sometimes I still hear him, or smell him. Jupiter too... and he's been gone for 7 years now.

You've been on my heart all weekend, Annie. I wish we didn't live across the country. (((hugs)))
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

We all know the feeling, Annie...the emptiness is so loud! Even with my 4 others, I still feel something is missing...my little angel. I look out my kitchen window and imagine her walking down the path after her little strolls, I still see her little face when she would put her front paws on the bottom step and look at me at the sink, waiting for me to come down and help her onto the deck...so many memories, some make me smile or make me cry.

She was always there, watching me, listening to me or waiting for me. I still can't get used to her not doing any of that. My son always called her my third child, and she was, just like Whiskey was yours. We've lost our children, Annie, and it is so very hard.

Much love to you all...

Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh, the fur......!!!

I couldn't bring myself to vacuum for days and days and days, both with Barkis and Peg. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't erase that lingering physical presence. But then the day came when I had to, of course. So then I cried. For a couple of sweepings after Peg died, the fur remained salt 'n pepper -- it was a combo of Peg's black fur and Luna's yellow fur. The first time all the black was totally gone, I cried. Shortly thereafter, my mom was here for the weekend and was sitting at a writing desk when all of a sudden she pointed behind the desk and said "Peg" and she started crying. Yup, there was a little ball of sweet black fur that I had missed.

To this day, I have kept little balls of Barkis' and Peg's fur in a special little bowl on my favorite bookcase. I don't even know whether hubby realizes they're there. But every once in a while, I go and cup them in my hands. And I remember. And of course, I still cry. But it comforts me that I have them.

So sorry for your loss. Nothing more can be said that hasn't already. Pleas know that we are all standing with you in the quiet moments.

I had a panic attack the first time I came home and molly wasn't there to greet me. A full out oh my god i can't do this attack. Never had one before. It's the house, the house is all about her and her place, her territory, her home. We just lived there with her. All good things though happened in that house, and sometimes I'd find myself outside and not able to go in. I think the first day after I spent outside by the pool, just laying and crying. I did not want to go back in.
    That gets better btw, but I still feel the emptiness of her not being here. I guess we just find ways to handle that pain, but there are just triggers you know, that make it all come straight at you like a bulldozer. That bulldozer becomes a lawn mower, then eventually it's more like an annoying little RC car racing around. You hear it, know its there but it isn't going to knock you on your rear end.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

It's so true- it's Whiskeys house. We always said: His patio. His driveway. His backyard. He is everywhere here, we had no restrictions for him. Every inch of the place was touched by his presence. There are nose prints on the front door glass from him. Now tomorrow it's back to work where I will miss him all over again. And my regular customers will be looking for him so I'll have to explain & cry every time. I'm glad he got some extra love and attention in these last months of his life. I do just dread walking into the house, I even hated walking to the mailbox without him. He was part of every daily routine. You just don't realize it cuz it's so natural.
    Thanks for listening and understanding everyone-don't know what I'd do without all of you!

I'm so, so sorry. Blessings and hugs to you.

Oh Annie, I'm so sorry!!! I've been having computer/internet problems and just read about sweet Whiskey. My heart aches for you. It does get better with time but I sure know the feeling of the void they leave, in your heart and in your home. I still miss Charlotte terribly every day but I have my dog Lido with me so the house isn't empty like it is for you. But there were so many memories of Charlotte left behind and I'm just now starting to completely put everything away. I couldn't even bring myself to wash her bedding until a couple of days ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Hugs,
    Laurie