Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Vetoryl

Okay, but I probably won't get to it until tonight when I'm home...the boss keeps coming in and interrupting me~

Also, got the name of their ophthalmologist, who just happens to be one of the ones I found online last night, who hopefully, I won't ever have to see!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Okay, here are Lena's blood work with the 12/5/15 beginning of Cushing's concerns and a blood work from May 015 where we were there for bloating and gas. The vet first mentioned Cushing's then, but when the blood work came back he wasn't concerned...and I never looked it up or I would've recognized all the progressing symptoms.

I hope this copied and pasted right:

Blood work: 12/5/15
    Superchem
    Tests Results Ref Range
    ALT (SGPT) 147 (HIGH) 12 – 118
    Alk Phosphatase 163 (HIGH) 5 – 131
    GGTP 28 (HIGH) 1 – 12
    Urea Nitrogen 94 (HIGH) 6 – 31
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 63 (HIGH) 4 – 27
    Phosphorus 6.6 (HIGH) 2.5 – 6.0
    Calcium 11.7 (HIGH) 8.9 – 11.4
    Magnesium 3.3 (HIGH) 1.5 – 2.5
    Potassium 6.2 (HIGH) 3.6 – 5.5
    Chloride 99 (LOW) 102 – 120
    Cholesterol 423 (HIGH) 92 – 324
    Triglycerides 543 (HIGH) 29 – 291
    PrecisionPSL 488 (HIGH) 24 – 140

Test Requested Results Ref Range
    Fructosamine 516 (HIGH) 142 – 450

Complete blood count
    Tests Results Ref Range
    Platelet Count 716 (HIGH) 170 – 400

Urinalysis
    Appearance cloudy *clear
    Protein 3+ Neg
    RBC 4 – 10 (HIGH) 0 - 3

Blood work: 5/11/15
    Superchem
    Tests Results Ref Range
    Urea 46 (HIGH) 6 – 31
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 42 (HIGH) 4 – 27
    Cholesterol 339 (HIGH) 92 – 324
    Triglycerides 511 (HIGH) 29 – 291

Total T4
    T4 0.8 0.8 – 3.5
    Free T4 (Equilibrium Dialysis
    Free T4 (dialysis) 17 8 – 40

Complete blood count
    Tests Results Ref Range
    Platelet count 645 (HIGH) 170 - 400
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I'm looking at the in-house blood work the morning of her dental work and the only things I see that look out of whack are:

BUN 80, where the ref range is 7 - 25
    GLU 125, where the ref range is 80 - 110

Quote Originally Posted by Joan2517 View Post
    I'm looking at the in-house blood work the morning of her dental work and the only things I see that look out of whack are:

BUN 80, where the ref range is 7 - 25
    GLU 125, where the ref range is 80 - 110
    BUN is blood urea nitrogen I believe and the glucose is a little high. I am no expert but I hope you guys get things straightened out so your pup can live out the rest of it's days and have a lot of time left with you!

Good luck Joan!

BUN is high but that could be from dehydration, and it does look like the glucose is a bit high too but that may just be a one time thing, you might want to check the glucose in a couple weeks.

That in house blood work was done right before she had her dental work on November 16. I just wanted to put it up in case there was something showing that should have been addressed and maybe she shouldn't have had the dental done at that time.

I took Lena in for a quick check on her eye yesterday because I thought it looked better, which it is.

So I had the vet, who happened to be the one who suspected Cushing's from the beginning, check her out. He heard crackling in her right lung...I was just there on Thursday and the vet she saw then, didn't hear it. Now she has to have another ultrasound done. I was going to do it on Thursday and have her ACTH done at the same time, but I think I will see if it can be done tomorrow. Her breathing has seemed a little labored in the past few days, but I thought it might be from the antibiotics for her eye. She is also giving this big sigh a lot on breathing in. She does this when she is content, but now it is too much. She did it while we were with the vet at least twice, and I know she was not content!

I just hope she didn't do any damage when she fell down the stairs...she got up and went back to eating like nothing was wrong. The vet suspects fluid in the lungs. I am back to being a nervous wreck. He gave her shot of Lasix to see if it makes her more energetic today. So far, I don't see any change, except that she ate a little bit better this morning...

My poor little girl has spent more time at the vet this past couple of months than in 14 years. I had so many things I wanted to get done yesterday, but just spent it crying and watching her every move.

Has anyone had a chance to look at all the test results I put up the other day?

Hi Joan. I've looked at Lena's bloodwork a few times and my layperson's best guess would be that congestive heart failure, kidney failure or both are likely suspects. Can you check the blood chemistry and let us know if creatinine is normal. Can you also check the urinalysis and let us know if it included the urine specific gravity (USG). If so, can you please post the results? Blood glucose is mildly elevated but fructosomine is more than mildly elevate which is usually a concern with diabetes but I think the long term stress of Lena's illness(es) could be the cause for that increase. Your vet should have sat you down and provided you with his/her take on the test results. What did your vet think was causing all of these abnormalities? I apologize if you already shared that information but I only have a few minute and don't have the time to re-review your thread.

Glynda

From the blood work on December 5, they diagnosed Cushing's...no one said anything about congestive heart failure or kidney disease. I certainly wouldn't have put her through the Vetoryl and all these tests if they had said that to me, and I am going to be really, really pissed if this is the case. Will an ultrasound show congestive heart failure?

Quote Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
    Hi Joan. I've looked at Lena's bloodwork a few times and my layperson's best guess would be that congestive heart failure, kidney failure or both are likely suspects. Can you check the blood chemistry and let us know if creatinine is normal. Can you also check the urinalysis and let us know if it included the urine specific gravity (USG). If so, can you please post the results? Blood glucose is mildly elevated but fructosomine is more than mildly elevate which is usually a concern with diabetes but I think the long term stress of Lena's illness(es) could be the cause for that increase. Your vet should have sat you down and provided you with his/her take on the test results. What did your vet think was causing all of these abnormalities? I apologize if you already shared that information but I only have a few minute and don't have the time to re-review your thread.

Glynda
    The creatinine on 12/5 shows 1.5 with a ref range of 0.5 - 1.6. The urinalysis on 12/7 has a Specific Gravity with results showing 1.018 with a ref range of 1.015 - 1.050.