Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 y/o Boston Terrier - Adrenalectomy but still has Calcinosis Cutis

Default Re: 10 y/o Boston Terrier - Adrenalectomy but still has Calcinosis Cutis

Hi, how are things going with Sadie? Are the sores clearing up at all?
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: 10 y/o Boston Terrier - Adrenalectomy but still has Calcinosis Cutis

Hi,

I'm copying a post you made on Skippy's thread to your baby's original thread.

My Boston Terrier had a large pituitary tumor removed in November 2015. She also had Calcinosis Cutis, which took a lot of wound care. She was placed on Trilostane, and has been taking it since. It took a good 3 months before her skin healed. She has been doing well. Her hair now is falling out in droves! I do not know if it is from the Trilostane or from the Cushings returning, but we don't really want to get her retested, as she becomes so anxious that it likely drives her Cortisol levels higher. She is 11, and doubt we will do anything else. For now she is eating and playing and doing okay.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.