Thread: Gratitude and Thanks

Default Gratitude and Thanks

I searched on this site but didn't find anything close to this title, but I could have missed it.
    Today I was sitting on the porch protected from the rain and thinking of "mah boy." I actually was able to smile at the memory that crossed my mind. I had my umbrella beside me, open and drying which brought back the memory of Keesh in the back of my van. I had a huge golf umbrella in the back and somehow he managed to open it. The look and reaction of his was absolutely priceless as it almost exploded open. He never went near umbrellas again.
    I am thankful I was able to smile. Just last weekend I melted when a gift was given to me in memory of Keesh but this week actually came a smile.
    So.... not intentionally rambling here, I wanted to thank this community and especially all those that emailed me, gave me encouragement here and while he was still alive gave me the best advice possible which I know directly resulted in Keesh having another couple of years.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your selfless guidance to me and to all those that come here whether they are long time members or only post once or twice. You are unbelievable, I mean it and I have the utmost gratitude and thanks to all of you. Even those that were going through their own recent heartbreak showed their strength to others in how to cope when they had all they could to do cope themselves.
    Not just our pups that have gone on are angels, but you are all angels as well. I am still amazed, really amazed, that from my first posting you jumped in with your educated advice and continue to do so still.
    Hopefully this will encourage you to continue the wonderful work you do with the ones that come on here... and again, thank you all so very much. Keesh wherever "mah boy" is thanks you all too.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Default Re: Gratitude and Thanks

Dear Judi,

I was so touched and overwhelmed upon reading your lovely message today! Like you, I think our K9C family is such an incredible and supportive group. Every single member contributes in his/her own special way, and by doing so, we all enrich each other's lives and those of our precious pups. So thank YOU so much for taking the time to honor all the good work that is done here by every single person who posts a note of support, or answers a question, or lights a candle in honor, or simply says, "I care..."

I'm also so touched upon hearing of your smile today. That brought a huge smile to my own face. The road to the future is full of tiny baby steps, but I do believe your smile was a step to be recognized and savored. I do believe your smile was full of Keesh's own spirit, rejoining you in that instant. Thank you for sharing that moment with us, too, Judi, because in this way Keesh forever remains "our" boy, as well.

Sending so many hugs your way,
    Marianne

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Judi,

Thank you for your wonderful post -

I see everyone here as our Cush Family. And I also see your sweet boy keeping an eye on you. More and more you will be able to smile at the wonderful moments you two had together, and you may still shed a tear and that is ok. I still do even after so many years.

We are all here for a common goal - to do the best for our pups and talk with those who understand and have gone through it. My promise to my little Mytilda was to try and help others with this and I know she is with me.

big ((((hugs))))
    Terry

Judi!!! You smiled!!! Awww dang girl, making me get teary now aren't you.

You are special too. You went the extra mile for Keesh every single time.

This is a special place. I agree completely. The members and staff here are very sincere and heart welcoming people. They don't come much better in my opinion. And you are one of those members!

It take special people to make a special community and family.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I agree so much with this thread. You've said everything I was feeling.
    My dog had Cushings and only lasted three months so I wasn't on here long but the advice I was given on here from day one kept me from panicking and feeling alone and helped my dog be comfortable right up to the end.
    That's why I still visit now and again - because I too am still so grateful for your support and I pray for the dogs and owners on here

My sister took her cat to a cattery as she's off on holiday and there was a golden labrador there that gave me loads of hugs and put his head on my lap. He had been rehomed twice before they found him as he was so needy - I thought he was adorable and I had to explain that my dog had recently died because I was so emotional at the love this dog had for a stranger.
    I know that I am not ready for another dog yet and going on holiday is hard as I don't like leaving them - I imagine a cattery is the perfect place for a needy dog that doesn't want to be alone.

I am definitely a dog person despite taking every opportunity to pet the neighbours cats lol
    and I can see me rehoming a dog in the future - after a few holidays abroad maybe - they are just so worth it all for the love they give us back
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-10-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Well thank you again to the person or persons who so kindly lit the candles for Keesh and I. My internet has been down with the move and when I finally got it up tonight, first thing I wanted to do was light his candle.. but there they were, already done for me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. This has been one h#@^ of a roller coaster ride including the move that is completely beyond anyone's imagination and my Cushings forum angels... you did it again. Man you guys are too much. Anyone want to come forward and take the credit???
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Hi Judi, it was me.

Our candle-lighting site is such a special place to me that I am frequently there visiting. When I noticed the lack of a candle for Keesh, that was exactly what I figured had happened -- that you were in transit or away from a computer. I know, of course, that you honor Keesh every moment of every day in your heart. But I wanted to make sure there were also some candles shining there brightly for you both during the time of your move.

I'm so glad the move is now behind you, and I surely hope that with time, your new house will start feeling like a real home to you.

Sending hugs,
    Marianne

You are deeply loved for that gesture. Thank you, thank you.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Marianne, do you have another credit laying around for you to take if you'd like elsewhere?