Thread: Goodbye Abby.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Goodbye Abby.

Dear Meg,

You have been in my thoughts and my heart ever since hearing the news about Abby. It has just taken me a little while to be able to write any words down. I have been visiting your photo album daily, and savoring all the images of sweet Abby that are there. I keep revisiting this one in particular. I don't know exactly when it was taken, but somehow it brings special comfort to me as I hope it does to you, too.

In that photo, Abby looks to me as if she was already beginning her journey onward. She knew exactly where she was headed, but with a loving smile backward, to let you know that she was fine and for you not to worry. "I am moving on, Mom, I am ready to move on." With the sun on her face, and the green grass ahead, she was already halfway an angel, testing her legs for the steps ahead.

No matter how much pain you've had to endure yourself, Meg, I believe that Abby's spirit knew just how to protect itself from physical pain. When the time came that her body failed, Abby's spirit was already safely on her way and making her passage into the sunshine.

Nobody and nothing can ever replace her. I can only imagine how dearly you are missing her now. My prayer for you is that when you are missing her the most, you can close your eyes and imagine her as she looked back at you so lovingly right at that beautiful sunny moment. She knew she was meant to go ahead first, but also knew that your love will always bind and connect you until the day you follow, after you've lived out your own life to its fullest just as Abby did. Your beautiful sweet angel, forever in your heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images