Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Medicine side effects - Bandit has crossed Rainbow Bridge

Default Re: Medicine side effects - Bandit has crossed Rainbow Bridge

I know you adore Betty but I do understand the desire to have noise and joy and bouncy around the house too.
    For the moment, enjoy Betty, take those walks with her and spend time with her and when the connection happens, it will be right for another one to join the clan.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you all so much, that's why I keep coming to this site.

There was a little Silky Terrier my kids were going to rescue for me and then keep it until I was ready, however that did not work out.
    I went on the rescue site and he was gone, he was adopted, so every now and then I check the site. Something kept telling me to look at the site yesterday and low and behold he is back. They said he has behavior problems, so I'm going on Saturday to meet the little guy and find out exactly what his issues are. Honestly on the site in his description, he just sounded a little spoiled and I'm already used to that. I do feel like this little guy would be a good fit.
    The rescue group says they will help getting all behavior issues resolved. I'm not going to get my hopes up .
    Bandit, Betty, Sammy and Miss Shadow's mom

Good for you! I hope it's a good fit...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh, please let us know what you find out about that little one.

Thanks , I will keep you posted and try to post a picture if I get him.
    I think I just need some life in my house and he sounds like he can do just that. If it doesn't work out I think I will quit looking for a while.

A silky terrier. They can be tricky, which is why they often are considered difficult dogs. They just have a mind of their own, need to be socialized at an early age, so they get along with other dogs and don't guard their food and are a dickens to house break sometimes. So that could be the behavioral issues that they are thinking of.

They are also a total joy if they fit in at your home. Need a lot of exercise to keep them settled, so put on your walking shoes.

We'd definitely want to see a picture if this little guy joins your home.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well I went and met him on Saturday ( he is so cute) . A lady that knows him quite well and works with dogs with behavior issues is going to bring him to my house on Friday evening to introduce him to Betty, if all goes well he will be mine.
    Food guarding is one of his issues, and he is a bossy little guy, but I think I'm up for the challenge. I found out he had been adopted out 3 or 4 different times and taken back, poor thing, no wonder he has issues, it didn't sound like he had gotten much of a chance. They did say he does very well with going out to use the bathroom., that was a big concern.

Oh, I hope it works out~ He sounds adorable, the poor little guy.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Well, I got the little guy, his name is Sammy, I put a picture in my photos. He is so darn cute, he is not a food guarder but he does tend to be a little aggressive toward other people but I think that can be worked on. I stepped out to get my mail yesterday and left the door opened a very little and he ran out and tried to bite the google worker on the butt. The guy laughed but I'm really going to have to be careful not to leave the door open even a crack.
    The last person who had him they said they think hit him, he is so little and cute who could hit him ? Who could be mean to any animal ? Regardless of his short falls I am not going to give up on him so he has found his forever home. I'll try to put more pictures on of him and Betty. Thanks so much for being here.