Thread: Gen-Teal Eyedrops for Dry Eyes

Default Gen-Teal Eyedrops for Dry Eyes

A few of you have mentioned using Gen-Teal Eyedrops (Severe Formula) for your pups with dry eyes or other gunky issues.

I figured I would try it myself, being that I have dry eyes, particularly at night. I am using the moderate to severe formula. It does help soothe my eyes. However, my vision is blurred for about a half hour after using the drops. I use only one drop if my eyes start bothering me during the day and two drops at bedtime. Once my vision clears, my eyes feel tons better, but do burn a little at first. It is possible that your pup's vision may be blurred temporarily also, but they can't tell you that, so I am.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Default Re: Gen-Teal Eyedrops for Dry Eyes

I read that on line from other human users as well. I would think it is very possible our pups have a bit of blurred vision. Our ophthalmologist told us only to use the severe formula for Zoe as he found it was the one that worked best for his dog patients.

One thing to remember about dry eye disease according to our doggie ophthalmologist is that we only have a small window to treat it in our dogs and using products like cyclosporine to increase tear production or the eyes lose their ability to produce any tears at all.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Default Re: Gen-Teal Eyedrops for Dry Eyes

I have been using the severe formula for Dani but will be picking some Optimmune that just arrived at the clinic.