Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: My Lovely Angel Luna

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: My Lovely Angel Luna

I know exactly what you mean Marianne.......it is always the little things and no it is not silly! I still have all of the meds from all my dogs stored away in the attic (yes I know crazy after 20 some odd years).....I simply cannot get rid of them and I have a gut punch thinking this is just one of my connection to them I cannot part with.
    My ((((hugs))))
    T.

It’s The wave of remembrance over little things, that is the hardest for me. I don’t think there’s a statue of limitations on this. I still have these waves with a heart dog I had as a child. I don’t think they go away. I totally understand. I still have treasures from all of my dogs that I have not been able to part with.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Many thanks to all of you, my dear friends, who’ve written to me. Almost four months now that Lunie has been gone but of course I still miss her every single day. There at the end, she could only make it out to our front yard for very short walks. But as hard as it was for her, she always made her way across the yard to our neighbor’s mailbox where there are flowers and roses planted. Sweet girl, she loved smelling those roses. Everything had been dormant through the winter since she left us. But the grass is greening up now in our lawn (“her” lawn), and the greenery is all budding at the mailbox (“her” mailbox). Seeing it brings both smiles and tears. Right now, it’s mainly pretty hard for me. But I hope — I know — that one day there’ll be more smiles. I think one of the biggest joys in my life has been learning to see the world through the eyes of my doggies. And once you’ve been privileged to see that view, your sight is forever changed. I’m guessing for as long as they’re at the mailbox, I’ll never stop seeing those roses through her eyes, too. I just wish, so much, she was still walking over there alongside me today. I know you guys understand.

I understand completely Marianne!!! There are really no hard casted instructions in life on dealing with this ----- sending you and Jim my healing (((((hugs)))))

Our hearts are still broken and there are so many holes in our life, our yard, everywhere. One day about a month ago, I told my husband today I am going to the shelter and volunteering to walk their dogs. Walked in and said I am here to walk the dogs and went through the orientation - (I soon realized they are incredibly understaffed with volunteers so Peter volunteered too (sitting with them in the play areas and doing very short walks) ----- imagine with his heart and AFIB?!?!? ---- a very big Blue nose pitty with an attitude has fallen in love with Peter.) I have not formally adopted any of them (not sure if I will), but I have developed special relationships with a lot of them, and training them basics ----- that is helping fill some of my holes and getting some adopted. It is a no kill shelter --- many have been abandoned or seized by animal control. There are a lot of dog walkers there but not near enough.

Oh Terry, what a blessing you and Peter are giving these dogs!! I know your loss of Cailey is still just as great as mine, and I’m so touched by what you’re doing at the shelter. I’ve thought about doing something similar, but I guess I am selfishly protecting my own heart out of fear that I’ll get too attached to so many dogs that can never all be mine. That is really selfish of me, and maybe I can work my way past that because there are numerous shelters in my area that are dying for volunteers. Anyway, good for you and Peter! You’re my heroes for the day ❤️❤️

Oh Marianne, it took many months for this to happen ---- I just woke up one morning and did it ---- I did not think about it before. Please do not feel bad ---- I know completely about protecting one's heart. It is so raw this feeling. I tell myself it was Cailey Bear, Cyda and Myclan who put this thought into my head that morning outta blue ----
    It is not your time yet ---- your precious angels will tell you.
    Love and hugs
    T.

My heart understands your heart, Marianne. It has been 2 years and 2 months since Ginger passed and I am still selfish with my heart. It is protection mode. At 4 months there was no way I could have even thought about helping at a shelter. Every anilmal in need would remind me of Ginger and I would want to fix them all. I still feel that way. Any animal I see that looks lost wandering around, any pup that looks lonely sitting in a fenced yard.. I just want them to know love. I still have everything of Gingers, all her medication, all her vet bills, her old tags. Her collars. I did make bracelets out of a couple of her nylon collars. My husband and I wear them every day. As Terry said. Your angels will let you know when.
    Big higs and much love. Colleen

Oh Marianne,
    I stopped by to see how you are doing and when I read your post, all I could think of was my favorite quote, “memories are the power to gather roses in the winter.”
    I hope you forever gather Luna’s roses through every season, close your eyes and remember your beautiful, sweet girl.
    Everyone here understands the pain, the loss, the memories. We hold you close to our hearts with much love always. Our constant, our reliable, our Marianne.
    With much love,
    Addy
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

To Addy and Colleen, much love heading straight back to you both. Thank you for your kind words. They really do help. So very much.

As hard as it is for me to believe it, a year has now passed since Luna left us. The first year gone, along with our sweetheart. There is a bit of peace in knowing that there are no more “firsts” left to endure. But there’s also a sadness in knowing there are no more “firsts” to endure — knowing that time will just continue to separate us from our joyful life together. But I’ll continue to repeat what I believe in my heart. That love is forever. Daddy and I love you, sweetheart Lunie, and we always will. To the moon and back, we love you, my Angel.

Your mom forever. ❤️