Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gracie's Story

Default Re: Gracie's Story

The cortisol can continue to decrease even up to and past 30 days. So I would leave the dose and recheck later. It might continue to come down still. How

How are her symptoms?

Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Overall she's doing well. I increased her adequan shot to twice a month as her arthritis is kicking in again with the steroid levels dropping in her system. I'm hoping that as she continues on treatment she will gain muscle strength in her back legs. I think the combination of the weakness with the arthritis is making it tough on her.

Today we had a bit of GI upset probably related to the stress of yesterday. She's not the best car rider anymore, and having to spend the whole day in a barking kennel is a lot harder on her then it use to be.

I have noticed her tummy is getting a nice tuck on it. It was never fully distended but I think it was starting to head that way. Drinking she's still thirstier then normal but the accidents have subsided. She's also back to nitpicking her food like she did years ago. But not to say she won't eat. She will gobble the other dogs food if she gets the chance.

Really other then the arthritis she is doing really well., hopefully we continue down this path..

It certainly can be difficult to find that good balance for cushings and arthritis. You might have to tweak it to get it right for Gracie.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Gracie is a real cutie

I'm assuming they did the UCCR test up front? that can't confirm cushings, but it can rule it out. Still, everything else you describe seems to be Cushings like...but I've lived thru diabetes, pancreatitis and cushings w/my aussies and they have some similar symptoms. Very frustrating.

Sounds like Gracie is doing well so far :-)

Man, that's a lot of Jacks in one house. Not sure how you do it. I've had 4 Aussies over the years, but never all at once. I cannot even imagine. My breeder usually has 6-8 Aussie terriers in her home at one time, it's crazy. Currently, I have an Aussie, a Rattie, a Pom and a Chi in the house. All girls. The Aussie and the Rattie get into it from time to time, I have to say. It can be scary! Territorial Terriers! But, you have to love their spirit!

All the best.

Jeff and the Girls