Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lara & India ... update .

Default Re: Lara & India ... update .

Yes Kathy ... Lara doesn't go walking because of the grass allergy ..we are fortunate to have a decent size courtyard with just plants and wood chips for her to run with her mate India .... Lots of concrete area also .

That was the reason we got India for her so she wouldn't feel left out .
    And it helps to keep her exercise up also .

Natcho my old girl goes around the block ( 16 yrs of age ) .. but doesn't mix with other dogs , she has always had yearly C5 .. no problems at all .
    When i had my dear Ebonie .. she to was allergic to injections . But a antihistamine prior to injection was all they gave her and she was fine .
    I appreciate your advice ... Thank you Catherine .

Yes, Buddy had a grass allergy also. I always pretreated him with Benadryl before any shots. I also hung around the vet's office for an hour after any immunizations, just to be safe.

Oddly enough, my little Rosie has allergies also, grass being one of them. She doesn't have asthmatic/breathing reactions like Buddy did. She just has itching/scratching issues. I pretreat her with Benadryl also, just as a precaution and hang around the vets with her too. She had all of her puppy series of immunizations, but will not be getting yearly boosters. I will be protecting her from exposure the same way I did with Buddy. This is my choice for my little allergy dogs. It's not the right choice for everyone.

Kathy

Hi Catherine!

I agree with the others - no way in you know where that baby would get another vaccine. Nope, not one.

Hope ya'll are doing well other wise!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you all ... Hi Leslie We are all doing well and so glad to hear from you my friend .
    Lara is ok ... but will not be vaccinating again ...too bigger risk .
    Catherine ...and the girls .