Leslie, I completely understand but am glad to hear from you. Hugs
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Default Re: Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

I hope that today is the day I get to shut my acct down on Facebook for a while. I have decided to leave most of the groups I belonged to and have deleted my membership to around 20 Yahoo groups of various types as well as others not on Yahoo. There are 3 groups remaining that I am still considering. I do not plan to leave K9C.

I think I was on the computer within 10 minutes of first hearing the word "Cushing's" and didn't looked up for over 7 years. I sacrificed just about everything to provide the best care I could for Squirt from that point on. Not only physical things that money can buy but my inner landscape. Not that I am complaining - I am NOT. I would do it all again and give all I have and am to have Squirt in my arms again healthy. But that can't be right now so I have to find another way to live this life.

My kitchen table is now covered with paints, brushes, and ceramic bisque in various stages instead of papers and books. One of the girls who is in the flea market adventure is very crafty and we get together at least once a week to piddle, eat lunch, or just talk. Slowly but surely I am making a dent in this house that has been neglected for so long. I hope to be able to handle the carpet shampooer in the next few weeks I bought. Others have used it and say it works well but so far my shoulder isn't up that strain. I fell the second time a day or two after it arrived and have fallen 3 times since. Currently, I am fighting a bad cold that wants to settle in my chest but I feel better this morning so hopefully it is fading. I started Pred yesterday per instructions from my pulmonologist and can breath better. Thankfully, I have plenty on hand...tho it was written for one dog or the other!

I am going to try to be here more often but no promises. It isn't quite as painful as it was at first to sign in but I can't begin to describe the feelings that overwhelm me when I hit "Log In" and especially when posting in Squirt's thread. Nothing is the same and never will be again so I have to learn how to face all of this and deal with it somehow. This forum saved my sanity and Squirt's life - we owe you everything. So I will try harder to be here a bit more.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Leslie, I'm all teared up reading your post today, sad and happy all at the same time. Still so sad over Squirt but so happy that you maybe around here more ( no pressure Leslie, whenever you are ready) and very, very excited about your flea market venture. It's got to be a lot of work but I think you will enjoy doing it and I'd love to see your works. I'm just so excited for you and thank you for keeping us posted. Many hugs. Song.

Crafting is therapeutic. It really is. Please post some pictures of things that you make! I'd also love to see them!

I know all too well about the hole left in your life Leslie. Hugs
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

My heart just breaks for you. Nothing is harder. Squirt was so lucky to have such a wonderful caretaker. Keeping you in my prayers.

Dearest Leslie,

You have always given and continue to give your all to the forum and to your sweet babes. Taking time out for yourself is not only needed but also so well deserved. I'm glad to read that crafting is helping you.

Sending you, sweet Leslie, my love and huge hugs, Lori

I think it is good to have some time to gain perspective and see who the you that goes on is going to be.
    You know were ecstatic to hear that we will remain a part of your life but that can be balanced with all the other things that you have always enjoyed too. Your plants, your furbabies, crafting, spending time with family. It is always a balancing act, and how you juggle it, will determine how satisfied you are with the way things are going.

I think we all get that, so Yippppeeee, you'll still be here, but I'm just as thrilled that you are engaging in other things too. We want a healthy Leslie for the long term!

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Go You!!! Pleased to read you are taking all these positive steps Leslie. Life is different now and sounds like you are making the adjustments needed to help you move forward.

Ack, a cold... nasty when it settles in the chest. Sorry to hear about the falls, gosh you don't need anymore injuries at the moment. Hope you get your strength back soon so hopefully no more of them!

Always lovely to hear from you Leslie, think of you often and wish you well on this journey xxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

As long as you are taking time for you,that is most important. It sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. Hope your arm is better.

Kudos that you have your paints out. I keep saying I will bring mine up but never do. Very therapeutic, painting, art, crafting.

No pressure to come back here. All in your own time, Leslie, when it feels right for you. I still struggle if I spend too much time here. I don't want you relapsing into painful grief.

BIG HUGS, lots of love, you are always in my thoughts
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Oh Leslie,

I am so sorry to hear about Squirt's passing. I've been away for the last few months dealing w/eldercare issues, but no matter how much time went by, I'd always come back to see how your Queen was doing. She was such a sweetheart and I always enjoyed reading about her antics and watching your clips. She had a long and wonderful life with you and she surely knew she was loved. I think all of us felt connected to Squirt....I know I did since I found this board back in 2008...she was part of our extended family of cushpups. Rest easy Squirt, you deserve it.

This has been a rough week; on Monday, my good friends lost their 10yr old Pom suddenly; she had a heart attack right in front of us. I rushed them to the emergency clinic, but she could not be revived. It was tragic and devastating.

We love them all dearly and it is simply heartbreaking to lose them. I still miss my Mandy and it's been almost 4yrs now. You never forget them. I love the urn and the memorial you did for Squirt, by the way. I did something similar for Mandy and from time to time will talk to her. Maybe she can hear me, I hope so. Squirt will always be with you in your heart, no matter where you go.

Their precious lives are short and we must treasure every moment we have with our fur babies.

Please take good care of yourself.

Jeff and the Girls