Page 170 of 224 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2237

Thread: Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Squirt - Atypical; melatonin, lignans and Lysodren maintenance

I hope the PT does you good Leslie...I had 35 sessions in order to avoid surgery on my leg! Kind of extreme, but less trauma then getting cut and "rebuilt". I hope Squirt stabilizes and is comfortable, for whatever time she has has left to enjoy with you. I know exactly what you are feeling...you want to stay right by their side and it hurts to leave them alone. When my first Aussie had Cushings so many years ago, we had to isolate her in the kitchen...just too many accidents. The poor girl cried and cried. It broke our hearts..so out came the air mattress and I slept with her in the basement during those last few weeks. It's tough, I know.

I've had a lot of ups and downs over the last year...my Mom passed away exactly one year ago today. That really threw me "off" for several months. Even the dogs were wondering "what happened to Grandma"? Eh, such is life. Mom loved all of the dogs over the years, even though it eventually became impossible for her to give them the kind of attention she would have liked (due to parkinsons disease). So, enjoy them while you can...lots of hugs and kisses!

Be well.

Jeff & the Girls

Tight hugs from me here too Leslie and precious Squirt...

I love you both.

Xo JeAnette

My heart is heavy reading your post. Lots of hugs love and prayers being sent to you and Squirt.
    Vicki, Ryder and My Precious and Forever Loved Boys, Snuggles, Brando & Cuddles who are together @Rainbow Bridge.
    (damn this was painful to write )

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Leslie, Lots of love and hugs to you and Squirt.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Squirt is doing ok...not as well as she was earlier this week but ok. Mom, on the other hand is bad sick with another abscessed tooth. Just didn't want anyone worrying if we arent' here for a day or so.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh no! Not another one Leslie. you must feel absolutely awful, are you on the antibiotics and this one I suppose will have to come out also

hugs to you and an ear tickle for all the babies

Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Love and healing prayers for you and Squirt. Love, JoAnne

Oh no Leslie! You can't get a break it seems.
    It's Squirt's turn to take care of you now
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Thanks! I'm functioning today. Still very weak and wobbly but much better. I was very close to septic this time according to the ER; had I waited til morning as I had thought I would have to, it would have been much worse. The ER is about 10 minutes away but it took me four tries and an hour or so to get there once in the truck. I kept having to stop and heave and let my head stop spinning. Twice I got out and sat on the side of the road because I was sweating profusely and could not cool down even with the windows open. They wanted to admit me but I refused so they gave me an AB shot with something for the nausea in it and sent me home with another round of ABs and pain pills. This is the 3 abscess since just before Christmas, the second in this tooth, which I am trying to save. My dentist says this one can be saved via a root canal....I just have to come up with $700 and hope the tooth (and I) survives meantime. I'm not sure how many more abscesses I can stand, tho. As much as I HATE to lose another tooth, these infections are taking me down quickly. On top of all the other stresses, recurring infections in my head are just too much.

Yesterday Squirt was off her feed again. Could have been because she wasn't getting to eat what she usually does. Her menu is cooked and in the fridge but I got sick before I could put it all together. None of them have been eating their usual - I've been giving the ones with teeth kibble and the ones with few or no teeth soaked kibble. No telling what all my babies have been thinking the last few days. I've been so unstable I've been terrified of falling on one of them so I put them in a room by themselves when I am up moving around to protect them. For two days I crawled to the bathroom instead of trying to walk for fear of falling on them. BUT I am stronger and was able to give them all a more normal breakfast today and Squirt ate it all happily.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie,

I am so sorry to read you have been so sick. Mouth pain is the worst and it sounds like you were at the extreme! Sounds awful! I hope you are feeling better really soon and are able to get that tooth taken care of before it causes you further problems.
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia