Page 55 of 224 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Squirt - my Queen has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Squirt - Atypical; melatonin, lignans and Lysodren maintenance

yay.. glad things are good. I am not sure about every dog. But, I work with a lady who's dog is deathly afraid of storms. She got Dudley a thunder shirt & he loves it. He will even ask to put it on when he is stressed. He runs to where she hangs it & she pops it on him.
    Amy & my sweet boy Boriss (Cushings Diagnosed 8/30/12 & Trilo start 20mg 9/8/12 switched to Vetoryl 30mg 10/8/12)
    Grateful for every day I have with my baby Boriss. I am lucky to have so much love in my life.

I am so happy that you have Bark Fest again We have Bark Fest every morning at 5:30 am. I dont want to think of how quiet the house would be without it. I know you dont either. I think we both adore the commotion

Anticipatory grief stinks unless we wash it down with some Chocovino

I guess we have to live every day as if it were our last.

love ya
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Leslie,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still keeping up with you. I'm so glad to hear it isn't anything serious with Squirt, but I totally know how you're feeling. It is so hard when they get old and start to have problems. I'm glad Squirt reminded you about breakfast this morning, and that there were no dribbles. That sounds like great news! If Squirt likes being wrapped up, I highly recommend the thundershirt. I think she's going to love it.

Like you, I frequently sit and cry as I read posts, sometimes it's more like sobbing. I've had an especially hard time lately, when I have a chance to get on here, because Hannah has been having issues. It is so hard to prepare for the day she'll no longer be my shadow. I do appreciate that we are never alone though, like you said. I can't explain how much it helps to have all of you to support us. I hope Squirt will be back to her old self in no time.

Julie & Hannah

Sending love to all of you. I so understand. It's hard but just focus on today and give them all the love you got. It's all we got. Kim

So glad Squirt was ready for breakfast this morning and no dribbles. I am so grateful to you and all on this forum for your good information. The Melatonin has helped my CoCo so much with the thunderstorms. We used to have to sit up with him until the storms were over, now he mostly sleeps through it. Old age is the pits, but what choice do we have, just grin and bear it as my husband says. Love JoAnne

Dearest Leslie,

You bring smiles and LOL so many times with your stories. I couldn't help but share the dog food diet story with my friends on the outside of the forum--they thought it was soooo funny!!!

I know it is hard to watch them get older, but it is a part of life. Take each day for what it is--togetherness!!!

You are wonderful to all of your furbabies and to all of us!!!

((((HUGS))))
    Last edited by marie adams; 09-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Fingers, toes and eyes all crossed and hoping for good results for you and Squirt

Love, us xx

Hi ya'll,

The Proin seems to be doing its job! Tho she did end up with a UTI and is on Clavamox at the moment. Annnd, Tank, my uber active foster, was playing ball, jumped over a chair and landed on Squirt's shoulders. Now she is limping but will put weight on the leg. Doc said he didn't find anything damaged and feels she is probably bruised. If it's not better by Mon, we go back for xrays but she is using it...when I let her. I've been carrying her up and down the ramp to go potty then putting her in the bed to keep her away from the ADHD doggy in the house.

Hugs,
    Leslie and a gimpy Queen

PS. OH! Ya'll will be so proud! I didn't run into the clinic bawling this time.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, I'm sorry to hear that Squirt ended up being the landing board for Tank! I hope her leg and shoulder are ok. I have a lot of that type of "activity" going on in my house also, impossible to prevent. I do have to separate mine frequently just so Jasper can keep his sanity.

Glad to hear the Proin is working, that is good news. And I am also happy to hear that I am not the only who is prone to bawling at the vet's. Yet another way that I know I am not alone since I joined this forum!!

Love and hugs to you and your gimpy Queen,

Tina and Jasper

Well it sounds like there isn't anything too serious. You might want give Squirt a little longer to get over the limp. Keep her quiet for a week or so. I mean if it doesn't seem to get worse. It can take a long time to heal.

If prion works you may want to try that new hormone shot. It worked real well for Kira. Just one shot and she's been incontenant free for about nine months now.

Hey ... And Bravo on the emotion control factor! Lol
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.