hmmm, I'm no expert with the numbers. If you are able to get copies of your tests from the vet then post the results and the normal values here--the norm numbers are there on the test-- and then people here will be able to help you with how the numbers look.
I believe the medication will help your dog, even if the numbers are high. It doesn't happen overnight. My dog is not on Lysodren, but neither of the Cushings medications work instantly. I thought I would give my dog the first pill and see her drinking lessen right away...but no, it didn't happen that way.
I remember how helpless it feels when the dog seems so miserable, you just want the meds to stop all the symptoms. I'm not that familiar with everything about Lysodren so I can't answer much about it. I just know you give it with food, but I think the Lyso info link was in someone's earlier post. My dog's symptoms were also worse in the evenings. We didn't have too much snorting, maybe if you can prop up her front half, like she's on an incline it will take some pressure off her abdomen and maybe that would help. My dog was bloated and had an enlarged liver and seemed uncomfortable. I'd try propping her up so she wasn't lying flat...but then she'd move to the floor. It's common for dogs with this to lay on the floor because it's cooler and the excess cortisol makes them hot.
Things will probably begin to subside soon...I know it's hard to deal with in the meantime though.

Barbara