Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings - Ginger has passed

Default Re: 10 year old female beagle just diagnosed with Cushings

Merry Christmas to you, dearest Colleen! Sending huge hugs with love.

Oh Colleen, Merry Christmas and many blessings flowing right back to you on this special morning! Hopefully a beautiful red bird will pay you a special visit today, if not outside your window then lovingly in your mind’s eye.

Always in loving memory of your precious little girl,
    Marianne

You know what?? A female Red Bird was here this morning when I went out to feed the birds! Even though it was lightly raining. She showed up! My heart just melted!����

Omigoodness, a bit of Christmas magic for sure!!! I know how grateful you had to have been for this most special gift.

More hugs beaming their way to you, my friend!
    Marianne

I hope your Christmas was joyful, Colleen, and that 2024 brings you much joy and adventure. I am so lucky to have Cardinals around all the time. Them and Dragonflies. Once a Dragonfly flew just in front of my windshield for miles and I couldn't help think it was my daughter or Squirt teasing me...that would be just like either one of them! I know how special it is to see one of these birds or "Evinrudes" at time when most needed.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hello all! I hope this finds everyone doing well! Last Thursday March 7th marked 3 years since Ginger passed. 156 weeks. It's so hard to believe it has been that long, and yet it seems forever since I have had her in my arms! Boy when they talk about grief being different for everyone and no journey is the same, it is so true!!! I miss her every day.. I know I always will. In some ways I guess I am glad as it tells me how much I loved, and love her. It isn't as hard as it used to be most of the time, but at times it is!! Well just wanted to check in. Say hello and share! May you all be blessed and comforted. Love you, Colleen

Dearest Colleen,

Sending hugs and loving hugs.

Thank you. Sending them your way as well!.
    It is so wonderful to have a group that truly understands. So many just don't get the connection we have to our pets. So I appreciate all of you!
    Blessings. Colleen

Good evening all. Hope everyone is doing well and your families are also. Just checking in... doing okay here. We finally are into spring! Yay!. Things are greening up and before long it will be planting season. I am so ready.
    Not too many places we can go and not think of our Sweet Ginger.. she went everywhere with us. What a joy to have that to remember. Sometimes it's sad and lonely. Some places we just can't bring ourselves to go.. I imagine that is normal, or if not, a new normal for us. I read something the other day I think about you all...
    Bear with me as I cannot add a photo..
    "See you later"
    I have learned a few things about grief.
    It is not a temporary feeling, but rather an eternal one with many changing seasons. Grief hurts in places that are hard to point to because the pain in your heart overflows into every other crevice that exists inside of your body. Sometimes grief longs to be held and pushes you away at the same time. It runs for both freedom and shelter. It wants to heal but without letting go. Grief lands ipon your chest whenever and however and wherever it chooses. It is not bound by space or time or distance and I can guarantee you that it will always find a way to come to the surface. Grief lays it's weary head down and waits for rain. for sun. For wild winds. For peace - oh precious, precious peace. Grief reminds us that death is not a goodbye. But the longest and hardest " see you later"... Ullie- kaye
    My prayer is that this may help whoever may need help. Please remember you are not alone.
    Blessings always, Colleen.

Sometimes grief longs to be held and pushes you away at the same time. It runs for both freedom and shelter. It wants to heal but without letting go.
    Oh Colleen, thanks so much for sharing this new writing that you’ve found. The timing is especially poignant for me, and the little section above feels especially personal. This past week I’ve been sorting through boxes of old papers and articles that have been accumulating for years. My heart skipped a beat (several beats!) when I came across a box filled with emails and research I had been doing on behalf of two of my dearest friends. Ten years ago, within one month of one another, they were both diagnosed with what turned out to be terminal cancer. And they both passed away during the next year. But in between, we had been in such close contact. I had tried to search out clinical trials, and to coordinate with other friends as we tried to offer all our love and support.

Over the years since then, my grief at losing them still resurfaces often but has now largely become a tender ache. But re-reading all those emails, well, you can imagine. The past became the present again with the searing pain. But the crazy, crazy thing is that I also once again felt closer to my friends than I had in quite some time. And there was such a strange sweetness to that. So in a way, a gift alongside the pain. Maybe two sides to the same coin. The writing you’ve shared does indeed help me this morning with my heart and my thoughts, so I thank you very much.

And as always, it is just so good of you to check in. Spring has definitely arrived here, as well. So I’ll soon be off for a morning walk in the sunshine and flowers…

Many hugs,
    Marianne