Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Beloved Zoe

Default Re: Beloved Zoe

Dearest Zoe-

Your little friend Bella is in surgery today. Please watch over her, ok? Remember how you loved to correct her behavior on your play dates? We are all waiting to hear if the cancer spread or if it is only in her spleen. I keep seeing the two of you playing together, running round and round the kitchen and living room in my mind’s eye. You supposedly were the same age but Bella always seemed younger. How you loved those play dates, baby girl.

Loving you and thinking of you so.

Dearest Family, words still do not come and I am ill again. Thank you for thinking of us.

all my love,
    addy
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Holding you all in my thoughts, prayers, and heart, Addy.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Aww Addy. I hope that Zoe's playmate Bella will be okay.

You take care of you! My friend had recurring bouts of bronchitis since before Christmas till just recently.

Sending you tons of love and strength
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you, Bella is home recovering, they did not see any more tumors or cancer. I hope she will be ok. I have been worried about her for awhile, something was not right. I mentioned it once or twice but really could not say any more without offending.

Dr. says I have bronchitis and wants me on 20mgs prednisone for 5 days.
    Not sure I should take it. She said it is viral and since I cant take codeine she has nothing left to give me.

Not sure I should take it, I went down this road last Fall with the asthma drugs and it caused me nothing but trouble.

IDK
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Oh Addy, good news about Bella, but not-so-good news about our Addy!

As far as the pred, have you taken it before with bad results? There can definitely be side effects as we all know, but sometimes the anti-inflammatory action it supplies really does help enormously. Perhaps you could give it a try since you can always stop taking it if you don't like how it makes you feel?

Sending healing hugs your way!

Thanks Marianne, you are right I can just stop it. Last time I took that small dose was about 7 years ago and I was fine. I have just been overdosed on pred and other asthma drugs, I get scared unless I have a reassuring doctor.
    I'll take you though for reassurance if I may

I used to take Zoe's pred when my sinus headaches were awful but that was only 5 to 10 mgs. Shhh don't tell anyone I did that

I have to do something, I can't sleep because I make these strange crackling squeaky noises when I try to sleep n then have a huge coughing fit I literally choke and throw up phlegm.

I have to try something.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Bronchitis is horrible. Impossible to get a good nights sleep, coughing non stop. I'd give a small dose of pred a try, just for a little while and see if it at least helps you. I agree with Marianne. If it doesn't work, stop it or if you feel bad while on it.

I'm glad Bella is doing so well. Your turn!!

hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well I just swallowed the dang pill, hopefully I wont have the heart palpitations like I did last year from the Asthmanex inhaler. I read sometimes you can even take a short 3 day course. My ribs hurt so bad from coughing and my ears hurt really bad.

Hopefully it will help without making me crazy.

I need a hand icon for you to hold
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Oh good luck, Addy!!! Will this work in place of an icon??

We're all here rooting for you! (Hoping you can click on the "thumbnail" below)

image.jpg

Addy, you don't have to take the whole 20mg either. Start with 5mg and see if that gives you enough relief without causing additional problems.

I have some recipes using food items for a soup and chest poultice if you are interested. They can help open the airways and move the excess fluids...and since they are made of onions and garlic and other such things, they smell rather strong, which is one of their methods of working. Onion has antibacterial properties, garlic has antimicrobial properties- both lose effectiveness when heated. If you like ginger, get some ginger root from the grocery and use it liberally - eat it raw in salads and such or just nibble on it, use it to make tea, add it to soups, etc. Ginger helps with blood flow, warming, and has some pretty good anti-inflammatory properties.

Hope you feel better soon, sweetie. I am very glad Bella's results came back so good, too! That is one less thing to worry about now.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.