Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Grace! - sweet little Grace has passed

Default Re: Meet Grace!

And FWIW, the electrolytes are part of blood chemistry panels.

Oh my gosh, this is fantastic Leslie! I wonder if those "tumors" are in fact lipomas? We all seem to deal with those at one time or another, and so it might not be surprising that Grace would have a couple.
    It actually sounds like her health is decent considering her history. Acing everything is great, so basically teeth and those nasty mats being gone, and of course blindness to deal with, but the heart is probably the biggest issue and we need to get her on something for that. Ta Da!
    I could just happy dance all over your thread, good med report, cancer marker good and drinking! This absolutely Made my day!
    hugs,
    sharlene and molly muffin
    Last edited by molly muffin; 11-12-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I am just so pleased to hear she got such great test results - her luck changed the day she met you Leslie, and really do hope that things continue to improve for her.

I've opened the bathroom door to let Grace roam and start to acclimate as well as get used to the gang. She wandered around the bedroom for a bit then I heard Brick making angry YAK sounds. I looked at his box where he sleeps and saw Grace's back end sticking out. LOL Brick was telling her off! "This is MY box! Get your own box!" She kept inching in and is now almost all the way inside his box, both of them sound asleep.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Ahhhhhhhhh, how sweet. That melted my heart. Brick probably thinks he's outnumbered as it is. Now, another dang girl! xxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Hey Les, I wanted to let you know that my old girl, Sophie, just had a full senior panel and aside from the fecal, which won't be back until tomorrow, everything is within normal range. Given her less than healthy looking body condition, deafness, impaired vision and graying black coat, the vet was pretty astounded by such great results. So her only problems are arthritis, fused disc and incontinence. The vet suggested I try Incurin which is fairly new. Always nervous about new drugs due to no history of adverse events but vet said she's prescribed it a lot with good results and no reports of adverse reactions. If it works, her quality of life and mine will certainly be better. How about that....two very old ladies who defied the odds. They've takin a lickin and keep on tickin.

What good news, Glynda! It's been a week for pleasant surprises.

Grace has braved venturing out of the bedroom today and there is no holding her back now. She gets lost but will not stay in the bedroom. When I bring her back to familiar territory - the bedroom - she starts searching for the door and is off down the hall again!

She can't hear, see or smell worth a crap but she is learning to feel her way around. She's going to need more guidance in this area that Brick since he has exceptional hearing and smell - that boy can smell an empty pizza box a mile away! Grace does see something but maybe only sparkles of light as I've heard humans describe cataracts because she will squint when moving from shade to sun. She hears very little and cannot fix direction at all. She can't seem to smell anything that isn't right under her nose - no reaction to nor ability to zero in on her food bowl with stinky fish feed when it's 1" away.

She is eating very well, drinking regularly from her bowl, and is pooping better tho she still needs some help at time especially first time in the mornings. Her poops are normal shaped now and not flat ribbons with her glands empty! She loves being brushed and tolerates her face being cleaned - she's feeling better enough to argue about a few things now.

She graduated from the bathroom to having her crate in the bedroom today and has already learned where it is. She learned her way around the bathroom pretty quickly and knew where her crate was by the bathmat it sat on. After I moved her crate to the bedroom this morning, she stayed in the bathroom walking around then sitting on that mat like, "hummmm it was just here, I'm sure of it!" But after being put into the crate in its new spot and leaving on her own a few times, she had it down. She is quite smart! When we come in from outside and I set her on the floor, she immediately starts turning, ears perked, waiting for that treat she knows is coming. First thing she does when I put her in her crate for the night is root around for the treat she knows is there. I put a towel under her feed and water bowl and by the next day she could find it for a drink.

She's not bothered by nor interested in the gang nor they her so things have gone well there so far. As she roams more freely and trespasses in territories or steps on the Queen, that may change.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

It sounds like she's starting to settle in

Isn't she adorable. Grace is getting comfortable in her new home. I love the way she loves to have her face washed. Now she needs to give my little miss a lesson in sitting still for that. LOL

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Grace is so sweet. She now has a safe and comfortable home with a loving mom!
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom