Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Pitiful Pia - Pia has gone to heaven

Kelseyville, CA - 3 hours north of San Francisco, and 3 hours from UC Davis

Default Re: Poor Pitiful Pia - Pia has gone to heaven

Today, it's been a month, and my heart is still so broken. Yesterday, I had to go to the vet's office for pills for Maggie, and all I could think of was my last moments there with Pia. It was awful.

We've talked about getting another Frenchie, but there is no way I'm ready for that. My husband thinks that if we get another dog, I'll stop crying, but that just makes me feel worse and worse. I can't bring myself to put away her thing. I miss her so much.
    Bonnie - Mama to Maggie, my sweet 15 year old Boston Terrier who is deaf, blind, has cardiac issues, and an occasional seizure, and to Pia my darling 8 year old French Bulldog who had a stroke at age 5, and was diagnosed with Cushings 6/11/2013 at age 8. Sadly, my sweet Pia crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 14, 2013, and my dear Maggie joined her November 29, 2013. On December 3, I am sure they brought Kelly, a homeless boxer into my life. I am forever grateful.

I know how you feel. Tipper has not been well the last week and all I do is cry when I look at her. God help you to get thru this. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Hi Bonnie,

A month is such a very short time. I am impressed you can get out of bed to even talk to us - I'm not sure I will be able to do that well. So many people, even some who lived through everything with us, simply do not understand the depth of this pain and loss. They think we should just say - ok, that one's gone, time to move on and get another dog. They do not understand we lost our baby, our child, a huge part of our lives and heart. Grieve as long as you need honey. This is not a process that can be rushed nor eased with anything other than time. It's not like losing a watch.

Tasha has been gone since Dec. and I still can't put all her things away. I tried but I was afraid I would forget her precious little square face so I put the last few items back out and there they remain. I have moved her medicine from cabinet to cabinet but I can't put them away nor throw them away just yet. So I look at them from time to time, remembering, then move them somewhere else if need be. There are nights I swear I hear her coming down the hall or hear her raspy breathing from the living room and my heart breaks all over again. I know these things are just her way of reminding me that she is watching over me now but it still breaks my heart. We will all heal, Bonnie. We heal in our own time and in our own way but we will heal and come out stronger than ever.

We are here anytime you need to talk. We do so understand your pain, honey, and will do anything we can to help you bear that burden til it isn't so hard to cope with.
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Bonnie,
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you.

Donna and Angel Tia

Hi Bonnie, sending you great big hugs. This is such a hard time for you and I wish I could say I knew when it would end and everything would feel better. Unfortunately as you know, grief has no time limits put on it. It just ebbs and flows at it's own pace. Some days are worse than others and anything can trigger a heart wrenching moment. No rhyme nor reason.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Bonnie,
    time does really help with grief. You'll make it. You have us and we thank you so very much for continuing to support us and our furlets!

By the way, I treated myself and ordered a Pet Care vanity plate that says "FURLETS". Hopefully, no one else has beaten me to it.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Hi Bonnie,
    One month is such a short time. Hearts do not heal overnight. There are no judgements here. We love our babies so much and care for their every need. This makes a very strong bond. Grieve as long as you need to and be gentle with yourself.

I lost Buddy a little over 2 months ago. I still miss him terribly and light a candle for him every day. The smallest things turn on the water works even now. I haven't been able to start a memory thread for him or tell his story yet. It is too soon for me. I keep his cuddle blanket and Froggy (stuffed friend) on my bed to reach for when I'm feeling sad at night. I don't know how long I will keep them there. I just know that I need them there for now.

Do whatever you need to do for yourself to feel better and don't care what anyone else thinks. Sending you many, many loving hugs,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Hope you are doing well, I wish I had a magic wand to heal your heart. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Hi Bonnie, just poking my head in to say hello and see how you are doing.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Kelseyville, CA - 3 hours north of San Francisco, and 3 hours from UC Davis

Thank you for checking up on me. It's still pretty awful, and every time I come here, I cry. I miss everyone - you are all so nice - but it's still too much for me right now. XXXOOO, Bonnie
    Bonnie - Mama to Maggie, my sweet 15 year old Boston Terrier who is deaf, blind, has cardiac issues, and an occasional seizure, and to Pia my darling 8 year old French Bulldog who had a stroke at age 5, and was diagnosed with Cushings 6/11/2013 at age 8. Sadly, my sweet Pia crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 14, 2013, and my dear Maggie joined her November 29, 2013. On December 3, I am sure they brought Kelly, a homeless boxer into my life. I am forever grateful.