Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: adrenal tumor--starting Trilostane--darling Chey passed away

Default Re: adrenal tumor--starting Trilostane

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! Hubby and I are super excited. I am 18 weeks today and getting a little bowling ball belly. I still have a lot of fears;((. We will find out if Chey is having a brother or sister in two weeks.

Chey is such a happy dog. She always has her tail wagging. My husband and I just shake our head and smile at Chey because she is just so happy.

Yes, Trish, I can't believe it was 6 months ago that we joined this great site. Time flies. I am so happy we still have our pups I still think Flynn has Rat Terrier in him. He and Macy look so much alike.

I will keep you guys posted.

Hugs,

Ro

Ha Ro, he must be a Mouse Terrier because he caught another yesterday, that's two in a week! Eek hope it's not a plague! None inside thank god!

Now no worrying allowed, RoJo needs good and happy vibes, wowee you nearly half way already!! How Exciting, hope you feeling well! Xx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Congrats on the new baby coming your way. how exciting!!
    Amy & my sweet boy Boriss (Cushings Diagnosed 8/30/12 & Trilo start 20mg 9/8/12 switched to Vetoryl 30mg 10/8/12)
    Grateful for every day I have with my baby Boriss. I am lucky to have so much love in my life.

Hello Everyone!! I hope all the ladies had a wonderful Mother's Day. Dog moms celebrate Mother's Day too I thought I would give a quick update on Cheyenne....her water consumption is high again, plus she peed on the carpet over the weekend. She has a vet appointment tomorrow morning....they are going to check for a UTI and do a blood pressure check. Poor Chey...she hasn't peed in our house since the first day I brought her home from the Humane Society. We'll see what shows, if anything, and go from there.

Ro,

I'm learning that UTIs are common for cushdogs. Oh how I wish that Cushings remained a lonely disease without all of the other complications.

Congratulations on your soon to be new family member!
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Thanks Valerie!! I am with you....so many health issues are common in Cush pups. It stinks. I have a feeling it's the cortisol levels being too high instead of UTI. Blood pressure was 160, but Chey was shaking and panting, so we consider it within range. We will probably increase the Vetoryl dosage if nothing shows up in urine.

awesome!!! congrats!!!
    Stormee (Skye)

Jeepers that brings back memories of when we were in a panic when they were first diagnosed with their adrenal tumours and we were both doing the BP thing!! We would have been delighted with a 160 back then!! So I think it is pretty good

Chey keeps doing so well, wouldn't it be nice if it was a UTI you can treat with ABs! Fingers crossed that is what it is, but she has tolerated the meds pretty well hasn't she, so a little tweak might be in order.

Chey has got someone very important to meet in a few months so she needs to keep on behaving, you hear that Miss Chey!!!

Be watching out for the results Ro, hope all going well and you are blooming!!! xxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

RO! Good to hear from you and Chey again! ~~~waves madly~~~

Let us know what the vet has to say. I hope our girl is feeling better very soon.
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

No UTI, so it's probably the cortisol level being high again. We are going back to 60 mg of Vetoryl. I will start that on Saturday when I can be home with her. The vet gave me Prednisone this time in case she drops too low. Trish- she did alright for a little bit on the 60 mg,but she started drinking a lot agin, but her cortisol levels were within range. The vets were almost fearing she doesn't do well with lower levels. Chey is an oddball. Other than lots of water and a couple of accidents, she really has surprised all of us. I just don't know if she will ever be one that gets regulated(

Yes, she does have someone special to meet in 4.5 months))