Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 11 year old Doxie with tumor on Adrenal - Bondo has crossed the rainbow bridge

Default Re: 11 year old Doxie with tumor on Adrenal - Bondo has crossed the rainbow bridge

Thank you all for my well wishes for our newest addition to our family. AND yes..you all can sing Rocket Man. (smile) Actually, I call him Rocket Man sometimes along with Rocky, Rock and occasionally a "Bondo" slips out. I guess that mean Bondo must approve.

People say getting another dog does help your pain but what about the memories??? The bad ones (Bondo's last days) will fade and we will only have the happy ones, I am sure.

You know, the one thing that does get me thru is the fact that I know Bondo would not have wanted to go on the way he was and I was strong enough to see that (as painful as it was) and we had to let him go. I used to read the posts about how so many of you were losing your sweet little ones and I thought "how do they do it...how will I function if that happens to Bondo. Well, you just do it. ...one day at a time. Ok, the tears are flowing. Good night to all

Default Re: 11 year old Doxie with tumor on Adrenal - Bondo has crossed the rainbow bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Trese View Post
    I used to read the posts about how so many of you were losing your sweet little ones and I thought "how do they do it...how will I function if that happens to Bondo. Well, you just do it. ...one day at a time.
    Exactly, one day at a time, some days are good and some days are bad. They say time heals all wounds, I don't believe that is so, I still miss my Harley, and Bear too, and sometimes the tears flow, still. It's just now I can better deal with the grief and sadness of losing my dear boys. It can be so difficult though...

Many, many hugs to you and Rocket, Lori

The shower.....that is where I cry the most. You know, I usually feel better after that. Does time really heal all wounds...nope. Like my sister told me, it is not the time but want you do with your time.

I think the reason we let our little doggies get into our hearts so deeply is because they love you (no matter what) People are not even capable of that. Almost but not like a dog. My grandma used to tell me thru my teenager years. "It is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all" A doggy gives you so many years of joy and you give it right back. I believe we are all better people to have those special dogs in our lives. Sweet Dreams to all.

It has been almost 6 months since our Bondo went over the Rainbow Bridge. Hope all of you are doing well and you are enjoying every minute you have with your doggies.

You know, I still miss him so much even tho, I have my new little "rocketman". Rocket is so different than Bondo but the way he looks at me with his big brown eyes it seems he knows he have very special shoes (paws) to fill. Everytime I see a doxie, I have to stop and pet them and just looking at a doxie brings back so many good memories.

Night.

Every day is different now, how well I know. What was commonplace is suddenly unfamiliar, peculiar. We just keep putting one foot in front of the other, trying to learn how to maneuver in this strange new world. But one thing is constant - the love Bondo has for you. I am sure he is so very proud of his mom and pleased about his brother.

Keep your chin up and know you are not alone.
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Trese! So glad to hear from you. I hope that you are doing well and that the Rocketman has been enjoying your travels. Bondo sure did love and look forward to when it was time to take off again. What great adventures you all had. I know that Rocket will be a joy to introduce to the pleasures to be had in each place you go.

Take care and check in when you can
    hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)