Hello, I am now one of the confused pet owners about cushings. My 10 year old boston, Kona, has been recently diagnosed with cushings and I am scared to death of starting the meds of Vetoryl 2 x day, 10 mg. that has been prescribed.
Hers was found thru blood work, the only other signs was she had an ultra sound done and the hair did not regrow, then the water consumption and constant peeing of gallon a time it seems. SHe acts so normal other than those things, the real concern I have is her AKLP went from705 in Dec 2011, to 1823 in Feb and then 7611 in July, when the final tests were done to confirm. My question is I have never heard of the AKLP being so high, could this all be a mistake? They have tested the thyroid and did a full panel of tests but honestly I dont know what all the numbers mean other than they read normal, if you want to know any of those I can tell you them though if it helps.
I have read alot about this disease and know its hard to diagnose but the idea of giving her meds that could make her feel worse scares me, these are the times you wish they could talk even for one minute, to tell us how they feel now. Sometimes I think not medicating her until she was showing signs of feeling ill would be better and I really am hoping to find some input from others who know more of this disease, so thank you ahead of time for your thoughts.