Page 353 of 380 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3796

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo, cushing diagnosis

Okay, so we wait together. I am not a good waiter!

We're here too! Worrying. Praying. Hoping.

Thanks for the update Leslie. I'm focusing on the positives, and hoping that Molly eats something when she sees Sharlene.

C'mon our sweet Diva... have a healthy supper baby!!
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

We heard from Sharlene just a bit ago and here is what she had to say -

"She ate a little. Very
    Little bit
    Better than nothing.

Just have to see how she does.

We gave her sponge bath. Cleaned ears and eyes. Hope tomorrow is better

She is quite adorable.

Everyone there loves her too. So that is good. She mad at me though. Kept turning head away from me and would take food only from my hubs for awhile. Then she came around.

Didn't like that I left her though. So I in dog house now"
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Okay I'm home now

Thank you Leslie for doing our updates.

So, not exactly the molly we usually see. Not perky, but she did eat a few bites from hubby and her bowl, and finally let me give her a few bites too. We took her for a walk so she could have a potty break, which she did. Yay. She can't really walk with the IV pics in her so it wasn't a big walk.

But her eating a few bites was progress.

The gist is whether this is an acute episode that she can recover from or is it part of the chronic problem that just went out of control quickly.

If it is acute and we see progress each day downwards in her kidney values, then we keep going.
    If she doesn't make progress then we can assume this is chronic and she won't recover.

Some dogs do well on fluids and then when you take them off the kidney values come right back up, this is chronic.

Acute would mean that they come down and stay down, reacting to the antibiotics and fluids.

So each day we have to decide, did she make progress is she showing signs of recovery from acute episode or is she not responding and it is chronic.

This is going to be nerve wrecking every single day.

It is very sad to see her this way but I can say she is better today than yesterday in her responses, but no where near normal. Yesterday I could shake her and she wouldn't wake up, today she is at least paying attention to her surroundings and the people around her.

That is about where we are right now. Tomorrow we will know if she responded more or not.

Her creatinine at one point went up to 600 yesterday (up from the earlier bloods) and today came down to 500. Tomorrow we want see her in at least 400's. The goal is to get her back to where she was and have her stay there. That would be in the 200's. Still high, but there is no getting away from the kidney disease itself. But she did okay at 183 for a really long time. So we shall see.

Thanks for hanging with me and molly through this. Somehow I never saw this being where we would be at but then no one does. I don't know how I thought her life would progress, and maybe I just stayed in denial. I don't know if I am in denial now or not. Hubby says that we just take each day at a time and see how she does, so that is the plan.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know, Sharlene. Yep, one day at a time with many healing wishes being sent to our girl.

Lots of love coming your way, too!

Thanks so much for updating us. Not of all of us follow Facebook.

I'm sure you and hubby are exhausted. We'll keep everything crossed, that our little diva pulls through.

PAWS UP MOLLY GIRL!!!

(((((((Hugs))))))

Thanks for the update Sharlene. It's good to hear that she ate something, however small the amount. And its also good that she had a little sulk about staying at the vets.

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    Somehow I never saw this being where we would be at but then no one does. I don't know how I thought her life would progress, and maybe I just stayed in denial. I don't know if I am in denial now or not. Hubby says that we just take each day at a time and see how she does, so that is the plan.
    (((Hugs))) This is exactly where I am at right now also, it is so so hard. One day at a time is tough but it is what we have. So relieved to read that Miss Molly ate something, even a little bit. If she is not too keen on the rice you could try cooked pasta and chicken, I have better luck with that a lot of the time. Continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers that she responds further to the treatment, and lots of love and hugs. xoxo
    The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. ~ Konrad Lorenz

The beautiful ones you always seem to lose. ~ Prince

And the road goes on forever... ~ Gregg Allman