Page 12 of 380 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 9 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo, cushing diagnosis

Hi Sharlene,

Yes, dogs can eat just about everything we do. The thing to be aware of is this - vets say not to feed table scrapes and they are absolutely correct in this. However, table scrapes and human food are not the same things. Table scrapes will contain things that we humans use to make the food taste better - seasonings, fats and oils, etc. and those are the things that are not good for our babies. So fresh, unseasoned, human foods are good but what comes off of our plates and our of our pots and pans usually isn't.

Use raw, frozen, or home cooked fresh veggies. Canned veggies often contain things like onion which are toxic to our babies. Green beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, squashes, white potatoes...the list is quite long. Be sure to google to learn what food NOT to feed and give each new food one at a time with plenty of time to see how Molly handles it. ie Don't give green beans this morning then broccoli tonite - if she were to have an upset you couldn't know which it was. Give each new one a day or two to make sure it is ok with her system. Be cautious with the Brassicaceae family of veggie as they can and do affect thyroid function. Pups who are already hypothyroid do not need these veggies at all. This family includes broccoli, cauliflower, kale, mustards and others.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

OH! Also pay attention to the nightshade family of veggies - white potatoes and tomatoes to name a couple. This family of veggies can aggravate arthritis and other skeletal inflammatory conditions. I love white potatoes but have to eat them sparingly as they do make me hurt worse afterwards.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

My Koko LOVES organic blueberries. I think he is addicted to them We use them as a treat. The first time I gave him one, he spit it out and looked at me like I was crazy. Then he saw Zoe gobble one up (back in the day when she could eat stuff like that) so he decided to try again and he has been loving them ever since. Will stand at the frig waiting for one
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hi all, I'm going to be away for awhile. We're leaving for Barcelona and won't be back for a couple weeks. I hate leaving molly at the vets, but this is the best option for her since we don't have anyone who can take her and I'm so very picky about who has her, and what she can do, can't do, can eat, can't eat, etc, etc. She doesn't like people she doesn't know, she will attack any dog she doesn't Know or consider a friend. (yea, she is the little short one that will go for the leg of the big one) If I am there then I don't worry, but if I'm not I do.

I find though that my biggest concerns are all of you. My dear friends who are going through so much yourselves and just worrying that everyone is going to be okay. Not being here if needed, bothers me. I don't know what kind of internet abilities I'll have available in Spain, maybe wifi at our hotel. I'll take my tablet just in case. If I can buy a sim card to use there, then even better!

Just in case though I might be missing in action for awhile. Everyone take care and I'd say behave, but heck, that's no fun!

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Have a great time! You will be missed around here. I'm sure the vet's will spoil Molly rotten. Kim

have a fabulous time! We chaperoned a bunch of high school kids to Europe a couple of years ago and only got to spend 2 days in Barcelona. Always wished we'd had a bit longer, I'm sure Molly will be fine!

Have a great time! Barcelona is absolutely beautiful!
    Hugs Maya and Leah

Wow Sharlene, Tunica is no match for Barcelona. Have a great time and I will miss your posts. Molly will be fine. Love JoAnne

Tunica - Barcelona - front porch....hummmmm, something is wrong here. JoAnne, Sharlene - ya'll aren't spending enough money at the vet's or something!

Have fun and miss us terribly, as we will miss you!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang

Sharlene, hope you have a wonderful trip!

Marianne