Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
Dear Jean:

I am so sorry for your loss. Sugar was a beautiful pekingese. Thank you for sharing your story about Sugar. It helped me recognize some symptoms that my dog has that we had attributed to his forner dental problems when we first got him. But they developed later and they are the same symptoms Sugar had, the reverse sneezing symptoms and honking after drinking. Also, I wanted to thank you for the information on pet CPR and where to find the video. I have been on a waiting list for five years with the Red Cross to be able to take a class on pet CPR but the classes are few and the waiting list is quite long so now I will be able to find out how to do it. Thank you. Again I am so sorry about Sugar. We lost one dog at the end of April and are dealing with Tuffy's Cushings so I know how hard it is to lose one of your own.

Tuffy's mom
So sorry to hear that your too are grieving the loss of your beloved dog.
I was lucky to attend a Pet First Aid Course give by The St John Ambulance group in our area. I hope that you too will soon be able to attend one in your area. I would say that knowing where the dog's pulse is located is one of the first things to find out and then how to apply compressions.
Also when Sugar's jaw would clamp shut I would give her a sort of heinekin maneuver by holding her ribs next to mine and giving her a quick compression.
Good luck with getting in on a First Aid Course and also with Tuffy's Cushings.
Sugar's Mom