Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Have I told ya'll lately how much I despise people sometimes? I do. Today especially.

My beautiful Alaska is gone. Monday evening she attacked Bud...and not in their usual play. She was serious. Tuesday morning she attacked him again...with me doing all I could to hold her off of him. I lost my grip on her and fell back against my recliner. Alaska rushed to me and stood over me snarling. She turned back to Bud with him running away trying to get under the furniture to get away from her. I got hold of her again just as she grabbed his neck and she turned on me again. I finally got her out the door and Bud crated. When I opened the door to get her crated she ran thru the house and threw herself at Bud's crate trying to get to him. She tried to bite me a few more times before I could get her in the crate. After checking Bud over I called Doc B. This gorgeous, so smart, and so sweet dog left this life yesterday morning thanks to humans who should never have any dog much less one of these breeds. My neighbor who had Alaska now has another Pit puppy under his porch.

I hate human beings.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

OMG, Leslie! How awful! Thank God you and Bud were not badly hurt.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh, sweet Leslie,

I am so so sorry that you had to go through this, you're such a kind and loving person, my love and heart go out to you and Bud.

Wishing all our K9C family a safe and peaceful Thanksgiving. Things are turning out a bit differently than had been planned for hubby and me. We’re currently vacationing in the Colorado Rockies, and we were slated to join family in Denver today to share a holiday meal. But we’ve got a winter weather warning hanging over our heads, and nope, after our many years of living in Atlanta, we’re not prepared to head out under the threat of driving home in a foot of snow! At the moment, our fridge holds a pork tenderloin, package of instant mashed potatoes, box of Kraft macaroni, and leftover pizza. But thankfully the local grocery store will be open today, so we can head over to beef up our supplies before the snow arrives. So it will not be the holiday we had planned, but a cozy snow day in the mountains is nothing to be snorted at, either.

So once again, sending my best wishes to the rest of our family here. Holding a special place in our hearts for our absent loved ones in the midst of gratitude for all our memories. And hoping for yet more special moments to come.

Marianne

That sounds lovely to me, Marianne! (lol). Happy Thanksgiving!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh my gosh Leslie. That is horrible! So very sorry. People
    Can suck sometimes.

Marianne that kind of sounds lovely. Snow and cozied up celebrating the holidays. How long are you there for?

We celebrate thanksgiving in October, Canadian style, these days.

Hunny is retiring the end of this year. I will be working probably another 5 years. Who knows though. Same company but I changed jobs this year. Moved up in leadership. Pist. That just means more work. Hahaha still
    I’m loving this position.

Vanilla is still bratty but she is our baby. We just adapt to her needs. She is currently on my lap tapping me with her paw for attention. Okay now she is just rolling over demanding pets. She hates phones and iPads.

Wishing you all safe and happy holiday and much love.

Sharlene!!!!! How great to hear from you! It’s always wonderful to get your updates. And I just gotta ask whether any of your renowned company parties are ever going to reappear?? I’m guessing COVID interrupted all the fun, and the world has changed so much since then that perhaps the parties are likely gone for good. But it was so much fun to vicariously attend the parties alongside you back in the good old days…

As always, best wishes to all your family, And thanks so much for stopping by :-))))))

I wish they would come back. But alas, we got a CEO who could suck the sun out of anything. He is gone at the end of this year as our company was sold to one of the big incumbents. The biggest in Canada. I mean I guess we will see what they do next year. This year is a bust though. I have gone to a few fun parties not company related this year. So that is good. Back yard bands and catered food and crazy fun. Can’t complain about that.
    We do have thirsty Thursday where a bunch of us get together at the Black Angus for drinks after work. That’s how I ended up with a new job and moving up the corporate ladder. Which I didn’t necessarily want but the job is fun so what ha gonna do. Hahaha. I’m a Process Analyst now and stick my nose in everything. Sounds about right eh.

Last Friday was girls night and we hung out around a fire pit with charcuterie boards and too much bubbly. Didn’t get to bed till around 2 am. Wow. That is harder than it use to be!!

Tomorrow night is a bunch of us heading to an Italian restaurant. I think there is something every weekend till the new year.

Hope you are enjoying your winter interlude.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thirsty Thursday — I love it

If you don’t stop back by again before New Year’s, Sharlene, here’s wishing you a wonderful start to 2024!!

Well, here we are, just one sleep away from Christmas Day. I’ve got our presents under the tree and our food all ready to go, so it may be time to just curl up under a warm blankie to take a winter afternoon’s nap. I remember how wondrous and exciting Christmas Eve felt to me as a child. So much hustle and bustle; so many people coming and going. It’s so much quieter around the house now, which makes me feel wistful. But it’s also very peaceful. So there are pluses and minuses. “To everything there is a season,” after all.

To all our K9C family who celebrate Christmas, I wish you the very best. May your lives be touched with a bit of magic, in whatever form you are needing it the most. Perhaps it’s excitement; perhaps it’s peace and solace. And comfort. Above all, I wish everyone the comfort of love and hope.

Remember, the door to our holiday house is always open should anyone else wish to add their thoughts here. But even if not, please know that I send my holiday greetings out to you all!

Merry Christmas 2023 ❤️