Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Oh Colleen, thank you so much for your hugs and your kind words! I really, really appreciate them.

And I just now went back and found I was able to add your sweet photo of your Daddy and Ginger. Whew! So here are your two sweethearts for all our family to share with you now. Forever in our hearts. Forever!

6ECCE12A-79B6-488B-A21A-4CAD2F1368FB.jpeg

Awww... thank you so much!

You’re so welcome, Colleen. Also, in the midst of my early morning internet surfing, I came across this graphic that stopped me in my tracks. The graphic illustrates a model of grief that was first proposed by Dr. Lois Tonkin back in 1996. In discovering the graphic, I also discovered a website that looks to provide a lot of grief support (https://whatsyourgrief.com/). I’ll be checking out the website in more detail later on. But in the meantime, here’s the graphic of Dr. Tonkin’s model. It brings me comfort and also hope for growing some new memories for our family at the beginning of this Thanksgiving week.

3AF36ABA-6DA3-4950-9D8C-C4BEA3CE1641.jpeg

Have a good trip, Marianne! And a very Happy Thanksgiving!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Doree, Cooper, and now Sibble.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! A few tears, some regrets and a lot of loneliness without our sweet Ginger.. the firsts are oh so difficult. But I am reminded of all those 15 wonderful Thanksgivings we did get to share with her and how spoiled she was! I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Hope this finds you all well and praying the good memories of the past and the ones you are making today truly soften the broken hearts, even if just a little.