Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 Year Old Boston with cushings

Default Re: 11 Year Old Boston with cushings

Hi Brandon,

What did you find out from the liver enzymes test? How is Chloe doing? We've been thinking about you.

Boston lickies from Kirby, and aloha from me,
    Tricia

Default Re: 11 Year Old Boston with cushings

dropping by to see how you and your baby are doing
    have you thought of getting an ultrasound done? or even a ct scan or mri? one of the later might prove more helpful as they would show the pituary area and ultrasound doesnt
    keep pushing forward, lots of experience here in this forum, sometimes general vets get an idea formed in their mind that their searching for and forget to listen to you and to what your baby is showing
    you know her pet child best, you see them day in day out, and in their home, not a stress environment
    you have every right to receive every copy of lab that is performed, to know what ranges are normal, and what is being ruled out
    when my situation started back in september i was told her lab was ok some slight elevations, i pushed onward, wanted details, pushed more, and then the answer, adrenal turmor
    glad i didnt stop in September and let things go at that
    stressful as this all is, conquering what is wrong, not knowing and letting it continue to progress would have not been good
    take notes on what you see in daily behavior, what was done prior to them responding the way they did, like, fed at 12, did this or that at 1, last poohed at 3 and was it normal or straining etc
    details help with clinical to know what labs to do
    hang in there, and your doing a great job and doing all you can
    Stormee (Skye)