Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi and Thank You

Default Hi and Thank You

Hi everyone. I don't post here hardly at all anymore, but I check in now and then. This group was a life saver when my boy was dxed with cushings (PDH) in 2008. For those that don't know Niko's story, he was then dxed with Lymphoma in October 2008. It was a member here (Stardeb) that urged me to treat him and I did. We got 8 months of remission, and he passed in July 2009 at age 16 and 7 months.

I dedicate my online time now to a grief support group for those that have lost the battle with Canine Lymphoma. I learned HERE, on this Cushings board, how important good support is. I know there are so many of you that give your time and energy to helping those facing cushings. You are all little saints in my book. Thank you for all you do and all you did for me. I continue to refer people here any time they come to me with the Cushings dx.

I brought a new dog into my life last month. Things are great and we are having fun learning new stuff. Like my Niko, she is a fast learner. Click here for a little video For those that I'm still in touch with regularly, thanks for all your kind, continued support. You have a special place in my heart.
    Bettina & Angel Niko
    1992-2009
    ----------
    http://rememberingniko.wordpress.com

Default Re: Hi and Thank You

Dear Bettina,

I am so, so happy for you and Hayley. She is just gorgeous and so attentive to her new mom. How could she not be? She found the most loving, caring mom in the world! Thank you so much for sharing her with us.

Huge hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Post Re: Hi and Thank You

Bettina - It is wonderful that you are there for those grieving from their loss to Canine Lymphoma - I myself had Hodgkins Lymphoma- I just watched over and over the video of Hayley!!! OMG adorable for sure and so smart!!! You got a beautiful dog and Hayley got a fantastic mom with a huge heart!!!!!!!!!! What kind of dog is Hayley?? That face is so cute!!!!! Also love the paint in your front hallway!! I have been looking at samples all week and said wow nice color thats the colors Ive been looking at! Enjoy Hayley and bless you for the wonderful work you do online everyday!
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hayley is beautiful!!! So happy that she found such a loving and wonderful home. You're a very special person, Bettina, hope you know that.

Love and hugs,
    Lori

Omigosh, Hayley is such a cutie-pie -- and what a GREAT smile!!!!!!!!!

Bettina, I am so happy for both of you! And thank YOU for remaining with us. You are such a special person, and Niko will always hold a special place in all our hearts.

Huge welcoming hugs to sweet Hayley ~
    Marianne

Always good to see you! Thanks for coming back and sharing your new Haley with us. Please keep us posted and bless you for paying it forward by helping those with canine lymphoma. Best, Kim

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I have been following on Fbook - what a sweetie pie.

T.

Thanks everyone
    xo
    Bettina & Angel Niko
    1992-2009
    ----------

Post Re: Hi and Thank You

Bettina - read Nikkos story - looked at his beautiful memorial page and listened to the beautiful song! PLEASE tell me what song that is - BEAUTIFUL!! I know it just cant put my finger on it!! He was a beautiful dog and had the most amazing mom!!!!! I did cry of course reading it and listening to it -BEAUTIFUL! - I went thru radiation with my golden Cosmo - he had brain cancer - he was beautiful - thank you for sharing it all with us and thank you for what you do!!! Again Hayley is beautiful and so lucky to have you for a mom!!
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Thank you Cindy. Your kind words mean a lot.

The song I think you are you referring to, on the home page, is Enya, "Only Time".
    Bettina & Angel Niko
    1992-2009
    ----------