Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Dad of Lulu - sweet Lulu has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Dad of Lulu - sweet Lulu has crossed The Bridge

Hi all, I am still here, still working, going in this morning. Stanley is doing fine. We had a rough winter, lost all the fish in our pond. But our son, his kids and another friend said they would be glad to go fishing to restock. They are pets.

I got a pretty good computer on Craigslist, so I am okay for a while. Haven't loaded it up with programs, but I will slowly.

I hear Stanley get out of bed, so will let him out. Nellie, one of our two sister cats is right by my side at the computer.
    Last edited by LabDad; 04-14-2014 at 05:29 AM.
    Lulu's photo albums

My websites

www.bdtcomp.com

www.lettersfromasoldier.com

“Never, never, never give up!”~Winston Churchill

Glad to hear your job is going well. That is too bad about the fish in the pond. Great job a on getting a computer from Craig's list. Hope Stanley is doing well. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Glad to hear that things are going well. I hope you like the new job.

Bummer about the fish, but nice that you'll be able to restock. That should make for a fun summer project! It was a wicked winter this year for sure.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Bob, nice to hear from you! Pleased to hear work is going well and the pay checks are coming back in!! Stanley has fitted in well with the pusses, I still check in to see if Stella has arrived as I am sure she will when the time is right! I loved that story Sending a big HI to Moo as well x
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Hello Everyone, haven't been on in a while, but wanted to let people know things have been going, it's been rough, but full of hope. It will be two years on Sunday that we lost Lulu, and my wife Linda (a.k.a. Moo) & I hardly go a day that we don't think of her.

We have our Stanley & he has been a Godsend. (I believe I have pictures of him, will try to add more). He has mellowed a bit, but we still have to introduce him to people at the door. We have a couple of muzzles & his cage. This works pretty well, in the cage first & then out with the muzzle on him. So when he comes out of the cage we put the muzzle on him. That way he can get used to people. And he has, within 10 minutes, and he is all over everyone.

We haven't got a Stella yet, I would love to. I am going on a new interview Monday & Tuesday, so at the moment it might be a bit much. This job if I get will be in Florida, for the time being. I would be there each month, and then home for a long weekend (I am trying for four or even five days) home, as they will pay me to fly back each month.

It will be quite a change, and I will miss everyone, Moo, Stanley & our two sister cats, Nellie & Molly, but it will save our home if I get the job.

So that is the news, and the company is putting me up in a five-star hotel Monday night, (the pictures show palm trees, lake in front, water cascading down falls...). They gave me an assignment I will do there. I did one already. The second looks very doable, but I will have to show them there. Then if after spending the morning, lunch... with them, they want me, I will start as soon as they want me, so I can bills, bills, bills, bills... paid. Maybe a few extra toys for Stanley & the cats each time I come home. And maybe after a while I might try to see if I can do more at home in Michigan, though everyone is saying MOVE there. I don't know I lived in Gainesville, years ago, and have probably old acquaintances, and my late step-dad's wife there, so it won't feel as strange to me.
    Lulu's photo albums

My websites

www.bdtcomp.com

www.lettersfromasoldier.com

“Never, never, never give up!”~Winston Churchill

Hi Bob, it is so good to hear from you! I can barely believe that two years have passed since sweet Lulu made her passage. I will hold you all in my thoughts on Sunday.

I'm so glad to hear about Stanley, and to know that Moo and the kitty girls are doing well. I wish you the greatest good luck with the job, although I do hate to think of you being away from home for such long stretches. Hopefully things will end up resolving before long so that you all will be able to be together for good.

I am really glad you stopped by today. Please let us know how things work out with the job, OK?

Sending my best wishes and warm thoughts your way!
    Marianne

Hi Bob,
    I still remember so very vividly how we lost our loved ones that day, February 8th. Pain still digs deep as not a day goes by that I don't think of my sweet Angel Bo.
    I know all our angels are sweet souls making their pawprints all over the Heavens.
    Good luck on everything and keep us posted. I will light a candle in memory of sweet Lulu.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

Bob and Belinda, thinking of you both today and also your two angels.

In loving memory of Lulu and Bo, precious spirits forever missed and forever honored.
    Marianne

I'm am thinking of you both as well. Our hearts forever bonded together I think, through our beloved dogs.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

It's good to hear from you, Bob, and you too, Belinda. So many precious babies now across the Bridge watching over us. Time marches on, we heal in bits and pieces, but we never forget.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.