Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast

Thread: Alivia was recently diagnosed with Cushing's - Alivia has passed

Default Re: Alivia was recently diagnosed with Cushing's - Alivia has passed

Oh No... I missed Max's birthday.... YES we do need an update Mary Beth, I so hope you have seen improvement and your leg is healing! xxx

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY MAX!!
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Thanks for thinking of me, Addy! The last 2 months have been rough, REALLY rough. Finally this past week I feel like I have turned a corner and I am finally improving!! Conventional PT was making my knee worse - both with pain and swelling. So, my ortho had me stop. I started going to acupuncture and researching other options (Hmmm....where do you think that comes from?). I found a therapist that does aqua therapy and "hands on" therapy. My first visit was today and there has been some improvement already! He said I have a ton of scar tissue from 5-6 surgeries over the past 20+ years. He is doing deep tissue massage that hurts like &%$* to break up the scar tissue, but the range of motion has improved already so I am soooooo optimistic that I will finally be better than I have been in a very long time! The water exercises feel great. So happy right now!

Maxwell has been an absolute sweetheart throughout all of this. He is an amazing little snuggler. Love that little old guy so much. Of course, I miss Alivia tremendously. I know that will never change. It helps to know that she is no longer in pain, but I still can't help when the tears come. I know you understand. Hope her and Zoe are soaking up the sunshine and keeping everyone in line.

Think of all of you often and hope everyone is doing well.
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

Thank you, Trish!!! Max was 14 and still doing GREAT!!! He just got a shave and a haircut yesterday and is looking quite handsome! I will post a picture!!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

I just posted a picture of Maxwell. He looks quite handsome for being 14 years old, if I do say so myself!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

Mary Beth, Maxwell is a good looking boy and does not look his age at all!!!

I am so pleased to read your update. I hope the water therapy helps along with the new therapist and acupuncture. I just know you are now on the road to recovery!!!

Did I tell you I found my exercise sheets and instructions from when my arm was frozen about ten years ago? Most of the exercises were the same as I was doing for my fracture. The problem was, the last time they had me doing the exercises less frequently, not twice a day or daily. This last time, PT had me doing so many exercises so often it was causing me more and more pain. So sometimes PT helps, sometimes I think it can hurt as well. So good for you for looking for a change to help yourself get better

Keep us updated ok?
    Last edited by addy; 09-04-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Yay. So glad you have found something that is helpful! It isn't always that what works for one works for everyone. This sounds much more helpful.
    Aww maxwell is a darling

Hugs
    Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

A new addition to the family! Max has been lonely since losing Alivia and I have been worrying that after having me home for 3 months, he'd have a really hard time when I go back to work. But, I was not ready for another dog. I took Max to Petco to see the cats. I wasn't sure how he'd be cause he has never been close to a cat...he paid no attention to them and the volunteer said it was the best reaction he could have as he was "non-reactive". So, I started a search for the right fit and found a sweet, little kitten at the Humane Society. Her name is now Opal and she fits right in! She is less than 3 pounds and completely fearless. Max is doing REALLY well with her. He was even a good sport the first night when Opal walked right under him and started looking for nummies. Max follows her around and is very curious about her antics. They were even snuggling on the first day! I am amazed at how well it is going! I think her and Max are well on their way to becoming besties and, of course, I adore her already! We needed something good around here!! I posted a couple of pictures.
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

awww, Mary Beth, Opal is a doll! I had an all white cat named Baby who was born deaf. Baby lived to be 21 years old! I wish you, Max and Opal many, many happy years together!

Welcome Home, Opal!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Opal and Maxwell are so cute together. I do hope they become besties and I know she will be company for him when you go back to work.

I hope your therapy has continued to go well and that you are making great progress with your knee.

hugs
    sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I was so excited to read your post MB. I think Opal is the perfect tonic for Maxwell and I am soooooo happy for your family.

I do hope things are improving physically for you and love to picture the three of you getting in cuddle time.

I am off to check out the pictures of Opal Cat and Maxwell.

Big Hugs
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter