Page 220 of 222 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2211

Thread: Vetoryl / Cushings Disease - Dear Penny has passed

Default Re: Vetoryl / Cushings Disease - Dear Penny has passed

Dearest Cindy... Baily is melting my heart and she is yours, which makes it all so perfect. It's a long happy life I'm sure. For her and you! Much Love... Janis
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.

Hi Cindy!

I've had a couple of dogs who wouldn't eat from a bowl - they wanted it on a flat surface like a plate or even the floor. Not sure what the deal was with the bowl for most of them but I think Trink is that way due to the blindness - putting her head in a bowl messes up her sonar!

Just a thought to share...
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi everyone - thank you so much for the comments on Baileys pictures - she is a cutie for sure - and omg keeps me on my toes!! I forgot what it was like to have a puppy - and a very energenic one for sure - she loves to cuddle and sleep with mom or brother or hubby - just loves to be with someone - but boy she can get into everything - she is not Penny (who was an sweet girl) but she is great and I love her so.....Bailey just has horns not a halo..puppy classes the 16th ...and the eating issue?? went from blue buffalo to Wellness ---she ate the wellness so fast...the first day now she doesnt like that ---added wet food - just water ---nope --- nothing makes her happy - added a teaspoon of sauce ---yup ate that----spoiled?? she was eating junk where she was --- like humans I guess the junk food taste better

Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!

love and hugs Cindy and Bailey xoxo
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hi

New question - Bailey has mites - ugh - they put her on treatment said she should be fine - anyone deal with this - new one for me
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hi CIndy,

Are you talking about sarcoptic mange? If so, that is the same thing as scabies in humans and it is a VERY itchy condition that spreads. I got it the first time when Gia was in 1st grade - one of her classmates came to school with them and the whole place was infected with the little boogers. Almost as bad as head lice in my experiences. The worst case I had came from a dumped puppy I picked up out of a drainage ditch. I held him in my lap and to my chest for the long ride home and for some time after we got home because he was so cold. Three days later, I am naked on an uncovered air mattress doing my best not to claw my skin off. Then Crys came along and she also had them because her physical state was so deteriorated by the time Jim found her. She was put on Ivermectin and had a bad reaction to it, nearly dying because I gave the wrong dosage. So my experiences with sarcoptic mange / scabies have all been negative however Glynda has dealt with it many times with no major troubles for the dogs or her. I'm just a lucky old gal!

Sarcoptic mange isn't difficult to treat and most pups do just fine on the treatments themselves. Demodex mange is another type of mite but it is not contagious like the sarcoptic mites.

Here is some info from webmd on scabies / sarcoptic-

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/dog-mange-scabies

Here is some info on demodex mange, a non-contagious mite -

http://www.veterinaryhelp.net/articl...es-canine.html

Hope you have the demodex form as those little sarcoptic mites are a PIA! Literally if you hold an infected pup in your lap for hours!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

vet said it was not mange --- it was mites --- I am waiting for them to call me back to get exact name --- she gave me print out but hubby threw it out --- but I asked is it mange she said no
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hi Cindy,

Both of the manges Leslie commented about are caused by mite infestation and aside from ear mites, I am not aware of any othe mites that cause problems for dogs. Sarcoptic Mange is caused by the sarcoptes scabei mite and Demodectic Mange is caused by demodex mites. If Bailey is under a year old and/or your vet found the mites on a slide (skin scrape), I think you are probably dealing with Demodectic Mange. It is very, very difficult to find a scabei mite on a scraping as they burrow so far below the surface. I've dealt with both many times and scabei mites are itchier than demodex mites. As Leslie mentioned both are easily treated. I've included pics pics of a young puppy with demodex. I pulled him from a shelter in this condition. His was so bad that he had developed a yeast/fungal infection and oh my gosh, he smelled so bad, the entire dowstairs stunk for a week. I treated him with promeris (not available any longer) and every other day baths with an antifungal shampoo. The last picture is one his forever mom sent me. He is completely content in his diaper chewing his stick.

Demodex%20Pup%20004.jpg

Demodex.jpg

Spanky2[1].jpg

Smile Re: Vetoryl / Cushings Disease - Dear Penny has passed

Leslie and Glynda

Yes you are both right -- mange -- husband said it was the secretary who said not mange mites --- so vet just called --- Demodectic Mange--- shes taking ivermectin everyday -- they check her again after a month --- she doesnt look like the pic you sent me Glynda---just alittle spots on head and face and alittle more on neck---hope it gets better --- I know sometimes it gets worse before better --- she said we caught it quick....

Now the eating thing --- I thought pups loved to eat...so it wasnt the Blue Buffalo she didnt like --- cause now shes on Wellness and doesnt want that either - but give her human food and she eats it --- I dont want to get her use to human food -- she is always hungry but I leave it on the floor all day and she wont eat it..Suggestions??

Thanks --- your are so much help as always

Love and hugs ---Cindy and Bailey xoxo

PS by looking at her pics any ideas on what she is --- suppose to be boxer mix??
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Hi Cindy,

Spanky was neglected terribly and then abandoned at a shelter by his owner. That's why he was so bad. Most pet owners catch it early like you did with Bailey. As for eating, what I would suggest is that you feed her twice a day. Put the bowl down and if she doesn't finish it in 20 to 30 minutes, pick it up. That's it, nothing else until the next meal in 12 hours. They fall into the routine rather quickly.

Thanks I do feed her twice a day -- but I dont pick it up after 30 mins...I will try that -- then she cant nibble during the day --- picky little girl ----

Bailey did have Sarcoptic Mange on her ear when she was in TN...I read thru her papers and when they rescued her the vet there wrote a few notes and said Sarcoptic Mange on right ear....

God only knows what happened to her the first five months --- she has her little issues ---but most of them have already got better - shes not afraid of her bowl anymore just wont eat --- but still wants to jump on you in a growling way not biting at certain times -- depending on what you have on or a noise you make

hugs
    xoxo Cindy & Penny