Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Max, Maltese with cushings (update: Cutaneous Lymphoma) - MAX HAS PASSED

Default Re: Max, Maltese with cushings (update: Cutaneous Lymphoma) - MAX HAS PASSED

Bev,

I'm so sorry to hear that little Max subcumbed to the cancer. You both fought a gallant fight. He was loved and will be missed.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Default Re: Max, Maltese with cushings (update: Cutaneous Lymphoma) - MAX HAS PASSED

Dear Bev,

My heart just broke when I read your post. You and Max fought so hard and so gallantly throughout his illnesses. He couldn't have had a better person by his side. He knows how much he is loved, how much he is missed, and how much you gave of yourself for him. And when it was clear he couldn't fight any longer, you gave him the greatest gift possible - freedom from his worn and ravaged shell. As someone once said here, you took his pain and made it your own. There is no greater love than this.

Please know we are here for you anytime, Bev. Our tears fall with yours, our arms will always be open, our ears always willing to listen.

Our deepest sympathies,
    Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I am so sorry to learn of Max's passing... What a beautiful little dog he was and obviously much loved.

Natalie

Everyone's kind words mean so much. I read messages a few days ago but was unable to reply at that time, I was overcome with emotions.

Max had a several tumors on his skin and they had begun to abscess and were becoming very painful. I knew his time was very close on Thursday June 30. Took him to vet to have tumor on his ear bandaged and vet and I discussed. For the next 5 days, over the holiday weekend, I was only away from him for about 3 hours total because I felt that by the time vet opened on Tuesday that it would be time, and it was. What was hard for me was that everything I had been told and had read said a big factor was whether or not he was still eating. Max was still eating, eating dogfood at that, but the vet discussed with me that Max was doing everyting he could to please me because he knew I didn't want him to go. I now believe she was right. I could see how bad he looked but kept thinking, well, he is still eating but that and going outside to bathroom was about all he was doing. When he went outside to bathroom, I would carry him and put him down outside, he would do his business but as soon as he came through door he wanted me to pick him up again. Looking back, I was carrying him about 90% of the time. As much as I second guess myself, it was time.

I had him cremated and got his ashes back yesterday. I have ordered a beautiful engraved urn to put them in.

Very thankful that I had been persuaded to get a new dog. Pepper has been a blessing. I will post pictures of him. Pepper is a rescue and had been abused so I had to gain his trust. He knows I am sad about Max and will not leave my side now that Max is gone. It is a lot different having a dog from the time he was 3 months to getting a rescue who had been abused at 4.

Again, thank you. This site has been a true blessing to me.

Missing my Max, Beverly
    Last edited by bev; 07-08-2011 at 08:39 PM.