Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Max, Maltese with cushings (update: Cutaneous Lymphoma) - MAX HAS PASSED

Default Re: Max, Maltese with cushings (update: Cutaneous Lymphoma)

Thanks Anglea!

Max actually ate his dinner tonight, also, Always leave his dry food out and actually saw him eat some of that! When we went on walk tonight he was out in front of me enjoying himself ,hiking his leg on everything in site, LoL.

Hello to everyone.

Max had to be put in hospital at Vet school this morning. Yesterday was the worst day he has had so far. Would not eat and just layed around, broke my heart he looked so pitiful. He had appointment at vet school this morning so I waited till then to take him in. His white blood cells have bottomed out (don't know specific numbers.) They put catheter in to give him fluids and started him on antibiotic IV. They hope he will be able to come home tomorrow but all depends on how he responds. This will be a long night. Max has never had to be hospitalized overnight. Really scared and worried.

Beverly

Oh Beverly, I am so sorry to read this news. I am holding you in my heart and Max in my prayers.

Marianne

Hi Bev,

You and Max are still in my prayers.

Glynda

Bev

I am thinking of you and Max.

Angela and Flynn

Dear Bev,

Sending positive thoughts, healing white light and prayers for all. If they will let you, maybe take a shirt or Max's blanket for him to have with him there. It may bring him comfort.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Just doesn't feel right being home and Max not being here.

Last talked to vet about 4:30 today. Max's fever had come down some, had been 103.9 and was down to 103.1. Vet said he was sleeping. If they would let me I would make a pallet and sleep there with him. I know that is the best place for him right now. Guess he is in something like ICU because they said he had 24 hour care. Vet said he would call me before 9 am and let me know how he was. Would only hear from Vet before then if something was wrong.

They also did x-ray of his heart today to check heart murmur. Said had not changed at all since 2008, before Cushings and Cancer. That was atleast good news. Max had been coughing a lot on Wednesday which had me concerned.

When deciding to try chemo I did not think (was told) it would effect Max's quality of life but it is. Not sure whether he will have anymore chemo or not. He is on such a small dose and it is still making WBC's too low. Right now not thinking it is worth it because is making him sick Wish he could tell me what he wants.

Again, thank you so very much. Your words are invaluable. Gonna try and see if I can get some sleep.

Beverly

Hello!

Max was able to come home today! Picked up at 4:30. He is on 2 antibotics, has to go back on Wednesday. Until then they want me to hold off on trilostane. His neutrophils fell from 3295 to 7 in one week. That is what had him so sick
    His liver enzymes came down, almost half of what they had been a week ealier, so that is good.
    Not sure what I am going to decide about continuing chemo?

Again, thank you all so much!

Beverly

Yay, glad to hear that Max is back home!! Poor guy has been through the wringer and I'm sure he's much happier to be with mom again. Given the current circumstances, I couldn't agree more about putting cushing's on the back burner. Please keep us posted.

Glynda

Hi Bev,

SO GOOD to hear that Max is back home with you! It will do you both so much good to be together again. Having to leave our babies at the vets over nite is just really hard. I have been known to use one of those pallets on the floor you mentioned.

I think I would forget about the Cushing's right now, too.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.