Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Harley: My Little Demon dog

Default For Harley: My Little Demon dog

My little demon dog, you came home to be a friend to a dearly loved mother who was becoming lost to her daughter & the world from the ravages of Alzheimer’s disease. Prior to your arrival, I was told, “If you bring that dog home, he is yours. I want nothing to do with him!” You knew what to do to penetrate the fog that was claiming Mom. The two of you became devoted friends, & you became her “little black & white gentleman.”

You had a sixth sense that there was something awful happening to your Mom, & gradually started building a closer friendship with me & Barkley. After Mom could no longer stay with us at home, you would always bring a smile to her face, & joy to her heart when we went to see her at the care center. She knew you by name, & that you were her pup, when she no longer knew me. Such is the power of the human, animal bond that it can even penetrate the destruction of Alzheimer’s. I will always be grateful to you for what you did for Mom in those last years.

As the years passed, our relationship became strong. I depended on you more than you know when Barkley began his final illness. I knew that you were always there to keep Barkley company when I couldn’t be. Yes, you could be totally aggravating with your picky eating habits, but I think you were just telling me that you were just more discriminating than the average dog. You have always been my talker, telling me when you’re upset, complaining when something is not right, & getting in my face to simply say, “Hey, it’s me, put the book down. or get off the blasted computer, & give me some attention!” I do not think I will like the quiet, nor not having the “world’s smallest boss” to keep me on the straight & narrow.

Good-bye, my little demon dog, my Harley! Mom & Barkley are waiting for you, & I am so happy that at least 3 of you are together, again. I will see all of you, again.

Your 2nd Mom always,
    Debbie
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Default Re: For Harley: My Little Demon dog

Fare thee well, little Harley. Today the little demon dog will truly become an angel...

With so many (((hugs))) to you Debbie.
    Always in loving memory of yours and your mom's precious baby boy.

Marianne

Godspeed sweet boy. You have many dear little angels awaiting your arrival in Fur Heaven. They will make sure you don't arrive alone. R.I.P. dear Harley.
    In Loving memory forever.

(((HUGS))) to you Debbie

Fly free, Harley, fly free. You are much loved and will be deeply missed. Watch over your mom here and let her know you are alright now.

Always in loving memory of you, dear Harley.

With hugs to you, Debbie,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Rest in peace dear sweet angel Harley. And now you can eat lots and lots of wonderful food. Run free of pain. Know that we all grew to love you through your wonderful mom. See you on the other side. We will miss you terribly. Aunt Kim

(((Hugs))) to you Debbie.

You stole my heart....You are deeply loved and will be sorely missed.

Rest in Peace our little Angel, You are our newest and brightest star in the sky.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Fly free dear little Harley ... and lots of HUGS to your Debbie.

Angela

Huge hugs to you Debbie.

Rest in peace sweet angel Harley.

Lori

God Bless you Harley, Debbie.

With much love, Jeanette and Princess

God speed Harley.
    You will be missed more than words can express.
    Run and play with our angels.
    ~Mary Ann