Page 189 of 199 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1990

Thread: Apollo fought with grace and dignity to the end, My little angel warrior

Default Re: Apollo fought with grace and dignity to the end, My little angel warrior

Will post and thank you all tomorrow. Starting crying thinking about Apollo yesterday after church. He was known as the church dog, I snuck him in every week, and he started getting a following of people looking forward to him being there. We did like breaking the roles.
    Sonja and Apollo

Default Re: Apollo fought with grace and dignity to the end, My little angel warrior

He was probably more polite and quieter than many humans are during church.
    Hugs.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Sonja,

I so agree with what Addy has said. Alivia was my heart dog and loved everyone. She was easy to take anywhere. Maxwell was more protective (of Ali, I now think) and a completely different and more difficult personality. I never thought he was mean, although he could come off seeming to be. I think, like Ariel, he would become anxious. But, he has so much personality that I would not change a thing about him. I miss my Ali every second of every day, but my Maxwell has the biggest most loving heart. He is actually happy go lucky now and smiles a lot. Like people, they are each individual. None can replace another and we love each of them in their own way.

I am having a visual of both of you struggling with that harness!! I bet it was funny to see!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

Sonja:
    We are getting ready for a storm so Tipper will get to try out her cooling blanket as it came already. I don't know if I will medicate her or not so I will be on weather alert for a while. Hope you and Ariel are having a good day today. I know you still hurt so badly inside, I wish I could make it all better. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

t
    hey say "you get the dog you need, not the dog you want".
    I love that sentence, I really do. It is exactly so true.

Sonja, you sneaking Apollo in to church is one of my fondest memories.

Keeping trying with Ariel, pump the treats and take him everywhere. He will come around. It is repetition for them. Heck, Koko is now walking past the two huge dogs barking at him down the street without needing to eat a milk bone!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Thank you all,Valerie,Patti,Addy,Mary Beth,Sharlene and all of you.
    I realize and accept,I will always miss my Apollo. I have so much wisdom to share as does Addy,but have not been able to do so. It brings up so much pain. What I can say is never give up hope,faith, and fight as long as you can. Reach out to one another, know you are not alone in this. I am still angry that there as not been more research and new cures for Cushing's. Disease. And some May get mad at me for saying this. I do not believe dogs are born with Cushing's,but feel there are other factors that contribute to it. I was blessed to have my Apollo, one month short of 14 years old. Even during the illness as he he gradually got weaker, we did enjoy his water therapy,which he loved (or was it the treats),the acupuncture,the massages, and riding in his red stroller when the muscle wasting started. And somehow, we both adapted to it all,until his little body could no longer take it. I feel when the dermatologist had me but Apollo on Ivermectin,then off after he was throwing up then on Advantage Plus double the dosage for the mites, the Meds attacked his little body and additional antibiotics plus changing his dosage of Trilostane always was to much for his little body. Now I am crying again. I would do it all over again,that is how strong our bound is.
    I think ,Patti,you had a question about milk thistle,if I recall it is for the liver and I did give it to Apollo.
    Arial is not independent like Apollo. I did not what another Apollo,he was the one and only,just like Zoe. Hope they are dating in heaven.Apollo always was a ladies man. Arial wants lots of belly rubs, and just loves his neck being kissed. I have been able to teach him a few tricks. He has a lot of energy and at night when I am tired he wants me to throw his toys. But he wants to play with Apollo's old toys? Not the new ones I bought him. He destroys the squeezes but loves the sound. He still starts whining and almost howling for no reason,like an anxiety attack. Still trying to figure that one out.
    He has been such an Angel in helping me cope. I can not believe it will be two years September since my boy has passed.
    Love you all.
    Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo
    Last edited by apollo6; 06-28-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Sonja:
    Every time I read your posts it tears me up inside, as I am like you in many ways and Tipper is my everything. I can imagine your pain and anguish as if I am going thru it myself. I can relate to what you write as I know it would be me saying these very same things if it were my Tipper. I pray every nite for God to take this awful disease away from the earth and to heal all the babies that are afflicted with it. I got Tipper because my last dog died of cancer. I wanted a healthy breed that lived long. Tipper was the epitome of health until this came along. Her breed lives to 17 years. I feel so cheated and she is my once in a lifetime dog. I don't know how I would ever make it thru something happening to her. She has been with me since I got sick with Lupus, and has been by my side faithfully ever since thru the good and the bad. I owe her more than she could ever give me. When I say I truly know how you feel I mean it from my heart. I hope you can have some glimmer of a good life with Ariel. He will never replace Apollo, but her needs you too. In the years to come he will help you more than you know. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

Sonja, last word I heard was Apollo and Zoe were thinking of moving in together

Oh that made me smile, dear friend. Thank you.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Addy:
    That was so cute!
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

Well it is about time those two angels made a move on each other. I know how prime and proper Zoe is. Apollo is just so in love with her. I give them permission,do you Addy!
    Hugs always Sonja and Angel Apollo
    Patti, love Tipper as much as you can. Each day is a blessing with these babies. Enjoy the moments. Despite this awful disease there is love and flitting moments of joy. As Addy would say but the Cushing's in the drawer for a day and breath.
    Last edited by apollo6; 06-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.