Page 442 of 562 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5616

Thread: Zoe By My Side- Our Journey with Cushings

Default Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Just popping in to see how things are going. Hoping for some good news!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

She slept all the way home in the car, first time in 4 years not sure if that is a or a

Xray of elbow-clincial change of bone could be inflammation, infection or soft tissue process. ( they had exay from her surgery kast year that showed her elbow to compare to. Orthoepdic exam shows no neck or spinal pain. Does not believe it is neurological.

Could do biopsy of elbow but not sure they could get a good sample. Recheck with x ray one month, Increase tramadol to 1/2 tab and/or increase to every 8-12 hours. Consider starting Metacam as well.

Continue Vetoryl, IMS was called at home feels her cortisol has been bouncing around all over the place and feels as long as Zoe is eating and drinking with normal poo, leave it for now.

Have to run to work now. Sorry did not want to leave you hanging.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

She is probably just exhausted from pain, not resting well, etc. Hopefully the increase of the tramadol will help her. Did they do a resting cortisol to verify that it would be save to give the metacam?

What a long couple days you guys have had. Hope Zoe starts to improve. That girl is fairly resilient and bounces back when least expected, so hoping that happens again.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Haven't been here in a few days and so sorry to read all that's been happening with Zoe. Wish you had some answers. Those long nights of worry are so awful. Maybe the elbow got injured in the fall and just really hurts her? Is that even a possibility? Had anything been off prior to the fall you guys had?
    Hoping all will be okay.

Barbara

Thanks for the update Addy, waiting on pins and needles

Maybe it is just the cold weather getting to her, I remember our Mickee would have a very difficult time when we lived in TN and it would get cold. We purchased a doggy bed warmer (electric) and put it under his cushion. He seemed to do better after a nap in his warm bed.

Also remember the air around the floor level is much cooler than the air in the upper levels of the room. Cold air sinks and it can be pretty chilly on the floor where our pups hang out.

Positive thoughts and prayers still coming your way...
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Thank you for the update Addy. So glad you have a plan of action and know how to proceed. Are they treating Zoe's elbow for possibe infection with antibiotics? xxxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

So we have to monitor for a while. Fingers crossed the increase in tramadol makes a difference.

Hope you are doing ok.

Big hug

Mel
    Xxxxx

I asked if it is bone cancer, they don’t know, they do know that in her elbow, it is not arthritis nor calcium deposits, they do not think it is Cushings related.
    No antibiotics, can give the Metacam with higher cortisol but it will increase the chance of gastro upset. Just cant give it with a steroid.
    Hoping the increase in Tramadol helps. Hubby wants me to wait on the Metacam, I think he is afraid to be home alone with her.
    Not totally satisfied with the vet visit but then I never am. We can ask for consultation appointment with the surgeon who did the orthopedic exam and took the xrays.
    And of course the diva would not to the bad limp, she tries so hard to not show pain at the vets. She was so stressed, she was panting so hard with her tongue hanging so far down, I thought she would have a hard attack, never so her so worked up.
    She is gonna be in bad shape by the time I get home tonight. Wont be able to walk. Oh well.

That has always been her bad leg, she hurt it the day Koko came to us. has always been a problem, don't know why, but this they said, is something new.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Addy,
    She will probably be extremely tired after that stressful vet visit. Hoping the night goes okay...and that the meds help her pain without causing any gastro upset. Keeping fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts that she feels better soon.
    Barbara

Tramadol won't help with inflammation, but could help Zoe manage her pain. Metacam could help with inflammation and pain, but you risk gastro upset. It's so hard to know what to do. Hopefully the increase in Tramadol will help Zoe be more comfortable so she can rest better, so you and hubby can get some rest too. I remember those sleepiness nights with Buddy very well. xxxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!