Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbie - MORE SURGERY!!!!

Default Abbie - MORE SURGERY!!!!

Hi, all! It's been a little over a year since I had to let my beagle, Maggie, go and it is time to have a new beagle in my life. When I saw Abbie, there wasn't any hesitation. She is estimated to be about 7 years old and was pulled from a high-kill shelter in central Florida on her last day. I met her as she arrived at a Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue (TBBR) adoption event after she had ridden for two hours and she was happy as could be! Abbie is a tiny girl -- only 17 lbs. -- and well-proportioned -- just petite. She obviously had spent time in a home - her teeth look vet-cleaned, her coat is beautiful, she is calm and affectionate. She was picked up on the street by an animal control officer but no one came forward to claim her.

She had surgery to remove what was thought to be a mammary tumor but it turned out to be just a lipoma. Abbie is heart-worm positive and will undergo treatment this Tuesday/Wednesday. Her foster mom from TBBR is a friend of mine so I am very confident that Abbie is getting quite spoiled! She will stay in her foster home for probably 10-days to two weeks after her HW treatment and, assuming that is going smoothly, will then come to my home!

I posted two pictures of Abbie in her own album -- please keep your fingers crossed that her HW treatment proceeds without incident. She has no other known health issues which will be quite a change!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Getting Ready for My New Beagle Rescue, Abbie

Oh Judy,

I am smiling ear to ear reading this - I am very happy for you and sweet Abbie!!!!

I know your Maggie is smiling too.

I am off to see those photos!

Terry

Hi Judy,
    Awesome! Love the pics and will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear more about Abbie after you get her home and settled.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Judy,
    She looks so sweet. I'm sure one of the reasons you waited was that you were waiting for Abbie.
    Jenny

Great news Judy,

Hugs and prayers that the heartworm treatment does the trick.

How much excitement a new one

I just know Maggie is proud and happy.

Scott

Congratulations on the new addition!
    Too many homeless, forgotten hounds in shelters and pounds - good for you.

One of my all time favourit foster dogs was Nelle - a Beagle/Basset girl that was HW + and traveled all the way from a rural Kentucky pound to Ontario. Even so she was in rough shape (used as a breeder and her mouth looked like the bottom of a bird cage - so much neglect ), she had no problems with the HW treatment, I put her on a fresh diet and supplements as soon as she arrived and she looked just beautiful after nine months at which time she moved on to her new home.
    I wish I could have kept her but it just was not possible on a permanent basis - I often think about her.

Very happy for your little girl,

Nathalie

So happy for you.
    I always called my Maggie my pocket beagle because she was about the size of your Abbie.
    Virginia, Angel Maggie, Benny, and Cailey

Happiness is an inside job

What an adorable little girl! You can see and feel the love radiating from her!
    Congratulations Judy, she is a precious little thing.

((((BIG HUGS)))) to you both!

Shelba and Suni

Oh Judy, Congratulations!!!! Abbie is so precious!!! Tons of prayers being said and sent your way that the HW treatment works.

So very happy for you both!!!

Love and hugs,
    Lori

Judy, I am late in coming on board, but I am also so happy and excited for you and little Abbie!!! We'll be keeping alll fingers and paws crossed at my house that the HW treatment goes just as planned, and that Abbie will soon be joining you in her forever home.

Can hardly wait for more updates!

Many hugs,
    Marianne, Peg and Luna