Thread: Checking in for January 2010

Smile Checking in for January 2010

Happy New Year, everyone!

We suspect that we have a good number of folks here who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well and they don't have any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply just to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for January 2010

Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks to the mods for an ongoing, wonderful resource. Duncan continues to get better after his near-death experience of a couple of weeks ago. No sign yet that his Cushing's symptoms are returning. His energy is way up and he's eating pretty, well, though he's had some episodes of gagging and retching and oogly tummy. Pretty darn good, though, compared to where he was earlier this month! We leave tomorrow to move to Toronto. Wish me luck for that drive with three dogs in frigid weather.

Still peeping in to see how you are all doing.
    Loraine (Coco's Mum forever, was also Zedley's Mum) now Iggy's Mum

Quote Originally Posted by Loraine View Post
    Still peeping in to see how you are all doing.
    Hi Loraine! Happy New Year!

Hoping that the wildfires stay far away from where you are!

(((hugs))) to you and Zedley too!

P.S. Have you got any pictures that you can post? Do you know how to make a photo album here on this new board? Members can post several albums of pictures and only logged in members will be able to see the photos (i.e. unregistered guests cannot see pictures posted in albums by our members)

You can leave comments for any picture, too, just the way we used to do in the old gallery.

To find the most recently updated albums, click on "community" (top of page when you are logged in) then on "pictures and albums" -- and note that there may actually be several pages of recenty updated albums.

To make an album or two of your own, go to your user cp and click on "pictures and albums" (left side of your usercp page) then follow the prompts

Rascal is doing well. He has had no setbacks after his left adrenalectomy and looks like he has adjusted to being the "lone" dog in the house after Darla's passing. His eating habits are not quite up to par since Darla passed away, but it looks like he is getting enough. He just wants to be with us where ever we are in the house I still do miss Darla, everyday...but the grief is getting easier. I think I mentioned before that we had a memorial service for her and that helped. I also made a photo collage of Darla and my children, that really helped me.

Sarah, Rascal & Darla in Spirit
    Last edited by sarahbera1; 01-07-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Hey! Barney and Cheryl checking in. All is well here, Barney is tolerating his diet of sweet potato and venison and has even gained back the weight he lost from the pancreatitis. We are very grateful to have such a nice long lull. ;-)

Cheryl

Hi, Me & My Shadow checking in, haven't been here since Oct. gosh can't believe it's been that long. Shadow is doing very good, no tummy problems, she had a really bad ear infection about a month ago but that's about it [knock on wood].

May will be 2 years since she was diagnosed with Cushings and I think we have been really lucky as far as her health goes.
    " There's Nothing Like A huskyslove"

Smile Re: Checking in for January 2010

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that Kira is doing fine. The last 2 weeks she's been in a bit of pain due to her arthritis. The first week it was very mild and damp, damp, damp. This week it's been really cold. She's a husky, so in this weather she wants to be outside all the time, but lying on the cold ground just doesn't do her arthritis any good. The last couple of days, I've given her 25mg of metacam each morning and it has done wonders for her. She more spry and wants to go for longer walks. She sleeps a lot now too, but that's a husky for you. Unless they have something specific to do, they'll sleep. So I guess everything is pretty normal with her. Hope everyone's babies are OK.

Heidi & Kira