View Poll Results: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course! My dog has more sweaters and coats than I do!

9 13.85%
  • Yes, but only for rainy or cold, snowy weather.

36 55.38%
  • No, but I think sweaters and coats for dogs are a terrific idea!

8 12.31%
  • No, I think clothes look silly on a dog!

5 7.69%
  • None of the above (post optional comment below)

7 10.77%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Default Re: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

When Dexter's hair was thin due to Cushing's I had him wearing a sweatshirt, I think he was okay with it.

When Sophie was older and it was bitter cold here I bought her a nice fleece coat. When I put it on her she wouldn't move a bone in her body! She would stand perfectly still until you took it off her. When Dexter & Sophie were both still with me, if I did put a t-shirt on Sophie, he would rip it off her.

LuLu looks at me like I'm nuts if I try to brush her. Luckily she's boxer so she has really short hair. I don't think she'll go for a sweater.

Erik has a ton of hair.

Christy
    Last edited by ChristyA; 09-10-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: +

Looks like we're in the minority, Louise!

We live in the Phoenix metro area, enough said.

Debbie
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Sabre has a fleece jacket and an oilskin jacket. We only use them in the rain or when it's cold as generally vizsla's have short coats (the hair variety) but with Sabre's Lysodren he is the hairest vizsla in the world! We haven't used the coats much this winter ... he is more accustomed to parking himself in front of the fireplace!

Angela

Even during the hot summer, when it rains in Houston, it really pours and sometimes the whole day!!!So how are we going to the bathroom if we don't have a raincoat??? Nina Loves water in any form, but Truffa before the discovery of the amazing yellow hooded rain coat, made her mommy go outside with a big umbrella

And because WE (meaning Truffa)have to walk everyday at night to poop and just plain exercise, well, jackets are in order so you can walk for 30 minutes and don't get soak wet!!!

And of course during winter (even in Houston)when we walk outside, I froze to death during our walks so Truffa wears a cute faux suede or wool coat and Miss Nina a light Fido Coat. And if we go on vacations to a snowy place we pack our own valise!!!
    Marcela & The Choco Labs
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by acushdogsmom View Post
    Looks like we're in the minority, Louise!
    Actually, poor Scott is in the minority

I think Moria would look nice in a pink hoodie
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Yunah has a pink (raincoat) hoody For a functional purpose Let's say I have to go to the hospital and it's pouring outside...it's not nice to enter a "clean" place like a hospital with a soaking wet dog, shaking in the waiting room

Sas and Yunah

I plan on getting Cooper something for the winter, maybe some boots too, Cooper is our 5 month old Shih Tzu, he sure is a crazy little dog as compared to Shadow my husky.
    " There's Nothing Like A huskyslove"

I would love to see a doggie parade ..living in Holland i do believe we're way behind with dogfasion ..

Crash and Darby don't have sweaters, but they each are sporting a new St. Louis Cardinals jersey. They got them just in time for the Cards to clinch the central division title last night. Wahoooo!