Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Footprints

Default Footprints

They say dogs leave footprints on your heart, well Luke wanted more........

We are doing a few renovations and having some concrete put under a veranda area. Some of the ladies I work with suggested I put each of the dogs prints in the edge of the concrete which I thought was a great idea.

I took Luke out first because I thought he would be the hardest to manage and he put a lovely print on the edge, I carried him back inside and grabbed Joey for his turn. As I rounded the house with Joey under my arm I could see Luke dancing (not sure if it was a waltz or the twist) in the middle of the wet concrete, he had escaped outside though the "blocked" doggie door.

What a mess, both the concrete and Luke! The guy has spent the last half hour trying to fix the mess and I am not game to ask if we could try again when he finishes.

Jenny

Default Re: Footprints

I just love your dog Luke.

Jenny, that's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a looooooong time! Here I was reading your post and getting all fuzzy and sentimental about what you were doing (the pawprints in the concrete is such a sweet idea!) and then I get to the part where Luke is dancing in the concrete. LOL!!!

Definitely ask to try again with the pawprints! You should have pawprints in the concrete if that's what you want. You only have a short time in which you can do it and you'll be glad you did it if you can get it done. I did it a few years ago ... it took us three tries to get it right and the concrete guy wasn't exactly thrilled with me either, but ... too bad for him!

To this day I still go back and run my fingers over the pawprint ...

Jenny,

Great idea - I have to go buy some cement!
    Best Wishes to all,

John & My Angel Angelina

Go for it!!! You'll be sorry if you don't.....but then again, you could always make those cement stepping stones with the pawprints in them!
    Jo-Ann & Lady

Jenny,

I too, was all warm and fuzzy when reading the beginning of your story and then...Luke dancing in the cement! Awww...I really had to chuckle.

But if it is to late to have their footprints in the concrete under the veranda area. You can still make your own, all you need is an aluminum pie pan and a bag of concrete mix. You can get the 9x11 cake pans and make stepping stones or the round pie pans and make decorative displays for your flower garden or just to sit around. This way Luke wouldn't be able to do the "dance" in them bc you'll be able to set them up on a table, after you have their footprints in them, to dry.

Hugs.
    Lori

Jenny,

Are you sure he wasn't trying to be helpful by making sure all the air bubbles were out???

LMAO! He wanted to make sure you had enough to always have them!

Love and hugs!
    Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Hi Jenny,
    This was good but it reminded me that I did Roxee and Rozee's paw prints in cement at our house in Arizona. My old neighbor told me the people that purchased our house abandoned it. I am going to call my old neighbor and ask him to cut out the paw prints for me. They were made when Rox and Roze were less than a year old.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi,

Why are you guys going through all of that when you can just buy the kits and make your own personalized paw prints and you can take them anywhere with you? What if you move? I have 4 Urns on my mantel because they are going with me wherever I go. My neighbor burried her dog in her backyard and then sold the house. Her dog is still there and I'm sure the new neighbors don't even know it and they are remodeling the backyard! Riley used to come spend the night at my house. I always had 'sleep overs' with the 'cul-de-sac' dogs! Now I know why he crawled over to my property and wanted to die by my azaleas. I was at work.

Buy the paw prints online. You can hang them on your Christmas tree and even engrave them yourself depending on what you want. So many options!

Hugs,
    Heidi
    I have ALL of my doggies paw prints on a plaster ornament. Their prints will be with me forever.

Update....
    We didn't get the footprints in the concrete as I had forgotten we were having a rough pebble finish and I was told it wouldn't work in that anyway.
    I will have a look for the plaster things....thanks Heidi.
    Jenny