Thread: New to this forum. My 15 1/2 yr old Swedish Vallhund just diagnosed with Cushings

Default New to this forum. My 15 1/2 yr old Swedish Vallhund just diagnosed with Cushings

Hello all,

This forum was recommended by the Swedish Vallhund group I am a member of. I am just beginning to dive into the issues with an elderly dog, BeeBee, with Cushings. BeeBee has been healthy for her entire life, but the diagnosis aligns with symptoms of the disease: Increased water intake, increased urination, weight gain, muscle weakness, a bit more panting. I attributed this to old age, but during a routine blood test, followed by a urine test, the disease was uncovered.

I will be reading over the postings and then, I am sure, will have questions for the group.

Jocelyn

Default Re: New to this forum. My 15 1/2 yr old Swedish Vallhund just diagnosed with Cushing

Hello Jocelyn, and welcome to you and BeeBee! We’re so glad to have been recommended to you, and we surely hope we’ll be of help. Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. With elderly dogs, treatment decisions often do come down to weighing the pluses and minuses that contribute to overall quality of life, and we will be happy to share our thoughts and experiences with you.

Once again, welcome!
    Marianne

Default Re: New to this forum. My 15 1/2 yr old Swedish Vallhund just diagnosed with Cushing

Hello and welcome from me, too! There's a wealth of information on this forum, from science to personal experience and opinion. When I first joined, I spent days reading. Let us know when you have questions and we'll do our best to help!

Shana
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Hi and welcome to you and BeeBee!

I am glad you found us and look forward to learning more about you and your baby girl. Ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to help you understand. Be sure to check out the Helpful Resource Section - there's a wealth of information there.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/foru...Cushing-s-Dogs

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.