Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Can you file a late police report? Would you need that for insurance purposes?
    How is your shoulder feeling now? So what is going on with you? Are you moving East?
    I did look at some mls listings in Halifax area and you sure can get better options than here for the same price. It's quite lovely there from what I've seen but dang those winters!!!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I'm back and have survived a 5 year old little boy in the house for the past week. Whew I need a nap!!!! LOL
    I took a half day off on tuesday and we took the subway downtown to the aquarium. Fun! He loves the subway! We also went to a japanese grill, where they do the cooking in front of you and all sorts of tricks. Which was also a blast.
    On the 19th we had a birthday party for the grandson who turned 1 year old at Bounce and Play. Now that was an interesting experience. I climbed a rock wall, climbed up an obstacle course that you then had to go down through a blind slide, twisting and turning till you hit the bottom, at a pretty high rate of speed I must say. I screamed the entire way down but what are you to do when a 5 year old is yelling "nana, catch me, nana catch me" You go try to catch "up" with them, knowing you are doomed to fail. ROFL! But what a blast it was.

All told we have been very on the go for the last week and now hubby and I just got home from salsa lessons. (McDavis, look for a dance studio, they will have all sorts of lessons, we go to BlueNote studio in Port Credit)
    I think Daniel already crashed on the couch and I'm in the kitchen typing away. I had to do some work when I came home that had to be done by 9:30 in the morning, so was best to get it over with.

I officially passed on my Social Committee hat today but told them I'd be their biggest cheerleader if they needed any motivational help with the staff. I'm good at going around the office urging people to do stuff. For instance, we received one application to join the social committee when the VP in Ottawa sent out an email to all the cities. Now that won't do, Toronto, one person, doubt that's going to work, so we took it upon ourselves to find our replacements. We now have the most members of any social committee in any of our offices in Canada and we still had one we couldn't place, because we were fully staffed. I think my job here is done!!!! LOL

Now we are going through a redesign of office space in Toronto as we are becoming too big for what we have and keep hiring more people! I told the CEO the other day that I was going to have someone sitting on my lap while we both tried to type at the rate we're moving. So this is going to be interesting. We need a new design that will allow everyone a place to sit and work while another group keeps looking for building space that will accommodate our growth rate.

That's my update. We're all good here. Hubby is in a provincial racquetball tournament this weekend and I am doing a birthday party on Saturday night.
    OH btw, hubby won a beer fridge in the shape of a Guinness can!!! Holy Cow! We're going to have to re-figure out basement design if this keeps up. I have concerns about what that zen, spa like basement I've been dreaming of is going to look like in the end!!! hahahaha (maybe a dart board by the sauna would work?)
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Geez Sharlene, you make me tired just reading what you have been up to. Cherish the times with the grandkids... it flies by so quickly. Used to take the 2 boys traipsing around the CNE from early morning till after dark. They'd pass out on the way home and I had the hours drive ahead of me. Would love to be able to do that again, but they are older now and grandma isn't so much fun anymore, they'd rather be doing other things. A trip to the dollar store was a highlight for them at one time, now they just want to be with friends. Guess we were all like that a little when we were younger.
    Glad you are keeping busy. Yes, I'm officially a vagabond at the end of the month. Putting things in storage and heading east to look for a home. I want to take the landlord to court, I am justified and everyone agrees, but being out of province, not sure how that's going to work. I will find wifi spots on my travels and touch base here. If I don't find something in my budget, not sure what I'll do.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

You be careful out there on the road Judi. Still some bad weather out east.

We are back from dance lessons and tonight we did the Rumba. Not too bad. We're even going to go to a studio dance party tomorrow night. Turns out they have them every friday night and (this is for you Marianne) once a month is a theme dance night. This month on the 21st it is Mad Hatter, but sometimes it is disco or some other theme. Sounds like fun eh! Plus you get a chance to see the other students and professionals that compete regularly dance, do line dances from every sort of dance style, etc.
    Hubby says we are going to start attending more of these, so looking forward to that.
    Rainy and cold here now, but better weather coming for the weekend! We had our first 2017 walking group walk last Sunday, so getting back into that too.
    And I've booked flights for a girls trip to Jamaica in August. 8 of us girls have booked a villa at a private resort (who knew you could even do that!) and are having our fantastic 50's trip. We went to the Bahamas for our Fabulous 40's trip. This will be fun too I'm sure.
    Lots of things to be excited about. At work, we are doing a complete revamp of space, so have been engaged in that this week. I'm being moved to what they are calling the high energy area. It's an area where those of us who enjoy exchanging ideas and collaborations will be all together in a working space. Should be interesting.
    That's about it for moi. Hope everyone is enjoying some spring time weather, good health and happiness.

Well I've moved into the new space in our office. It's all good. A bit more distracting somewhat as I have more ppl around me and with lower wall there is more noise and distractions. The lean over seems to be the preferred method of communication now. Lean over and have a chat. I've become good at the talk to the hand motion.
    I've been doing a bit of over time that is making for some long days. 9am - 11:30pm yesterday, with a couple hours in the evening to pop to the dentist. Still was a bit exhausted today.

Rumba is coming along fine and I'm having a lot of fun at it. Daniel and I are both having a lot of laughs.

Next up in events is the west vs east kickboxing that is being company sponsored (Canada vs China) Should be different. Don't think I've ever been to a kickboxing event.

Not having a great day. My sister told me last night that she is having a lung biopsy today. A spot found on her lung has increased since it was initially discovered on an xray in December and they suspect cancer. So they are doing the biopsy today to send to Stanford to determine, what kind, how aggressive and what stage.
    I'm trying to be the positive one, as I do have a friend who beat lung cancer and is doing fine now. Still it's hard when we are all scared to death for her. And I for one am just so darn far away.
    Just had a note from family saying procedure went well, they will do a xray and then she can go home. Maybe a week for results back.
    She didn't let any of us know before hand.
    Just whatever it is you believe or do, pray, ring bells, anything, do it now for her please.
    She's all I have left of my immediate family, my mom, dad and brother all having passed.

You got it, Sharlene.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Me, too! Gosh, I'm so sorry there's anything to be worried about. Thank goodness the biopsy went smoothly, and now we'll just have to sit tight until the results are back. But we're right here beside you, Sharlene, hoping so much for good news.

Doing it all, Sharlene~
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Sharlene, I am so sorry and I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, I wish there was more I could do for you.

(((Hugs))) Lori